Specialty Dining Credit

melk

When we booked, NCL threw in a specialty dining credit.

Can this credit be used for anything aboard ship...or are there restrictions?

Does this show up just as a credit on our ship's account?

Would appreciate any information you can provide.

Happy Holidays!!!

Is this the specialty dining package where you picked an offer when you purchased your cruise?

No I didn't select the $100. dining credit...it was a freebe thrown when I purchased the cruise.

Mel

No I didn't select the $100. dining credit...

it was a freebe thrown when I purchased the cruise.

Mel

I'm curious; how much of a "Dining Credit" NCL is giving you?

When we were on the NCL Escape's Inaugural Transatlantic Cruise (10/29/2015)

We chose the "Paris Package" which included Three Complimentary Dinners (for two) at

Cagney's, La Bistro and La Cucina .

Instead we received six Non-Refundable Credits; 4 @ 23.54 and 2 @ 35.34 .

The two credit's for $35.34 were for Cagney's.

Our À la carte bill at Cagney's came to $83.78 (for appetizer, main course, no desert and no drinks).

And BTW, bill for Teppanyaki was 2@29.95 + service charge $10.78 Total $70.68

Edited by $hip$hape

We booked and got the dining package ( 4 dinners). Now that we are close enough to cruising I was looking at making reservations. I'm new to all of this so its very confusing to me. I want our son to join us a few nights so I know I will need to pay for him which is fine. He wants to try La Cucina which will be a la carte so how does that factor into our dining package? Can we not eat there "for free"? Also I was looking at teppanyaki and it wont let me make a reservation for 3.

We booked and got the dining package ( 4 dinners). Now that we are close enough to cruising I was looking at making reservations. I'm new to all of this so its very confusing to me. I want our son to join us a few nights so I know I will need to pay for him which is fine. He wants to try La Cucina which will be a la carte so how does that factor into our dining package? Can we not eat there "for free"? Also I was looking at teppanyaki and it wont let me make a reservation for 3.

Yes, La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney's are still covered by the dining packages, you are limited to one entree but no limit on appetizers or desserts.

If you can't book for 3, just make the reservation for 4 as you will be taking a table for 4 anyways - you can update the reservation once you have gotten onboard so there is no risk of getting charged for the one missing person.

EDIT: Sorry, for Teppanyaki the tables are shared ones with seats for 8 persons each, otherwise the above applies still, book for 4 and cancel one once onboard.

Edited by Demonyte

When we booked, NCL threw in a specialty dining credit.

Can this credit be used for anything aboard ship...or are there restrictions?

Does this show up just as a credit on our ship's account?

Would appreciate any information you can provide.

Happy Holidays!!!

We have a $100 specialty dining credit for our May cruise. (FYI for anyone wondering - this was once one of the "perks" for booking an inside cabin.) Earlier threads I saw about indicated it could be used for dining in specialty restaurants - including beverages purchased in the specialty dining restaurants. Someone indicated using it for a specialty coffee, but it wasn't clear whether they'd ordered it in a specialty restaurant.

There seem to be so few people with this credit, that it's hard to get information here. You'll probably have to ask onboard, and even then, the answer may vary from person to person.

We booked and got the dining package ( 4 dinners). I want our son to join us a few nights so I know I will need to pay for him which is fine. He wants to try La Cucina which will be a la carte so how does that factor into our dining package? Can we not eat there "for free"?

Yes, you can ask to pay the a la carte prices and save your dining package for a pricier meal.

We booked and got the dining package ( 4 dinners). Now that we are close enough to cruising I was looking at making reservations. I'm new to all of this so its very confusing to me. I want our son to join us a few nights so I know I will need to pay for him which is fine. He wants to try La Cucina which will be a la carte so how does that factor into our dining package? Can we not eat there "for free"?
You can use your dining package at La Cucina, no problem. If your son joins you, whatever he eats will be charged to his card or to one of your cards (up to you).

If you have any questions about how this works, don't hesitate to ask when you arrive at the restaurant or when you are seated. At the end of the meal, the server will ask for everyone's cards and when they bring the check, they will explain all the charges and credits, and answer any other questions before you sign.