Empress Cabins

velmasue

We were looking at the possibility of booking on the newly refurbished Empress of the Seas. We have never been on this class ship, but it sounds like the cabins are fairly small. However, cabin 7664 (and others in the same location on different decks) looks a little larger. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? We normally stay in balcony cabins, but the price difference is more than double so we may do a B2B. Thanks for any information.

Ultimately it is a ship from another time in cruising. That won't change no matter the rehab (unless they do what Carnival did for Sunshine and basically re-build it from the ground up in a $155M 3 month dry dock) and the rooms will be from that long-lost era.

That doesn't make it bad, but there are barely any balcony rooms and they were designed in the late 80s/early 90s, but the décor and fixtures will (hopefully) be updated.

Thank you for your response. We have been on Carnival Fantasy and I assume that Empress is a similar size ship. I put a courtesy hold on 7664 for an April 5-day cruise while we do a little research and check into air, but couldn't put hold on the 4-day for the b2b. Since then the price has increased significantly.

Thank you for your response. We have been on Carnival Fantasy and I assume that Empress is a similar size ship. I put a courtesy hold on 7664 for an April 5-day cruise while we do a little research and check into air, but couldn't put hold on the 4-day for the b2b. Since then the price has increased significantly.

This is an instance where doing a search on this forum really will pay off. There are loads of threads from her last years as a Royal Caribbean ship that discuss the sizes of cabins, particularly of specific cabins.

:)

Wow no kidding. I booked 2 cruises on the Empress 2 days ago. Since then 1 cruise has gone up $1,002.00 and the other $951.00

That being said, we can't wait to get back on her again.

We spent several 11 day trips on her with two sets of dive gear in an outside cabin. It was tight, but doable.

The first time, we were in an inside cabin. It would have been fine if we had not had the dive gear.

Have a great time!

Wendy