Antheum of the Seas and "ROCKY trip" down East Coast?

dptt

We are considering a 10 day cruise on the ANTHEM leaving from Bayonne, My wife gets motion sickness and is worried about sailing down the East coast. We are considering early NOV. She is ok sailing in the Caribbean waters from Florida. Will this be a "ROCKY cruise?" Thank You.

I was on the 12/12 sailing and I have been on atleast 10 cruises. I have only ever felt this ship rock. It wasn't to bad to me but it was noticeable. Also, I still have sea leads today, never in all my cruises have I experienced seas legs.

ships will rock.....the anthem is no exception. there are medicines to help with the effect. much will depend on the weather,we were on the QM2 in rough seas and certain parts of the ship were a challenge to walk straight. our 12/12 anthem was mostly smooth but at times the ship moved and we too brought home sea legs for a few days. imho the higher up and more forward seem to sway more .bottom line is the weather

The East Coast Atlantic is generally more rocky than the Caribbean Sea and sailing in November increases the risk of weather. I was just on a Caribbean cruise in November that had one day if swells and a December cruise that was as smooth as glass. Both were out of Port Everglades. However, I have also taken an August cruise out of San Juan with no storms in sight that had us rocking and rolling. Best is for your wife to premedicate, eat light meals and avoid alcohol until she knows how she is going to do.

I get motion sick which is why I never cruise without taking Bonine/Less Drowsy Dramamine or the generic. I never assume it will be smooth enough not to. As you can see from my list below, we have cruised out of NJ and MD multiple times. We've had a variety of sea conditions and winds. Everything from 3-6 foot waves (which is calm for the atlantic) to 30-35 foot waves and winds of 50+ knots. Even in the Caribbean which is usually pretty calm, I still take meds just to keep them in my system because you never know. Even with some warning from the Captain, it's nice to know I'm already covered.