Christmas Greetings to QV

Cruachan

Christmas greetings to all on board Queen Victoria. What a wonderful, and completely unexpected pleasure, to see you about half an hour ago in Latitude : N34.292978; Longitude : W11.982688

Hope you have a great time in Lisbon. Here's a photo taken as we passed.

J

IMG_0304_victoria.jpg.ffc01ad48d54c9b21ac087bcddc6bc8c.jpg

What a great photo, looks as if it was a lovely day. I am looking forward to seeing her soon.

My photos aren't as clear as I had to grab my phone rather than proper camera.

The weather today is a lot better than yesterday. She passed us as good speed - a real treat. fact, it is the most entertaining thing that's happened since re-embarking on Dec 22.

Bring on Jan 6th when I can escape this manner-less floating retirement village filled with Britain's greatest complainers.

On the plus side, the cruise immediately before this was wonderful. I'll write a report soon.

Ah, I see you must have met me! :D

J

No, I dont think I've met you. But gosh the people on this ship are dreadful. Really helping Britain live up to the rep of world's greatest moaners! And total absence of manners.

What a huge difference to the positive atmosphere on board only a week ago! And I'm stuck for almost another two weeks!

Thank goodness for room service and the documentary channels on the cabin TV. Not much else to do (which is strange given how great the entertainment was a week ago).

No, I dont think I've met you. But gosh the people on this ship are dreadful. Really helping Britain live up to the rep of world's greatest moaners! And total absence of manners.

What a huge difference to the positive atmosphere on board only a week ago! And I'm stuck for almost another two weeks!

Thank goodness for room service and the documentary channels on the cabin TV. Not much else to do (which is strange given how great the entertainment was a week ago).

Sounds worrying - lets hope Jan 10th on QM2 brings on some happy shipmates!

Ouch.

On the other hand there are some of us who would likely cheer you up. We can usually be found in the Commodore Club, close to the bar, between 16:30 and 17:00... Give it a try...

And that's seconded from little ole moi :D

J (a happy retirement home resident who rarely complains about anything unless there's no black pudding for breakfast!! :eek: )

That's really spooky - exactly what I was going to say.

Sir Martin

Shut it cat or I will get Host Hattie to ban you for all eternity and consign you to the deepest and darkest levels of Hell...

... oh wait, I forgot, you're there already! :D

J

So sorry to hear you are not enjoying the Christmas cruise. We were on the previous cruise and I agree with you it was great with a lovely atmosphere on board. We are long standing Cunarders and I don't think we have ever felt as you are feeling although there will always be the 'professional moaners' and bad manners on all cruises.

Try venturing up to the Commodore Club and meeting up with NomDePlume - they sound friendly and good fun. What about dinner - if you are having room service are you not happy with your table? Ask the Maitre d' if you can be swapped.

Try and enjoy the rest of the cruise on that lovely ship. You will have the fireworks to look forward to in Madeira on New Year's Eve. They are something really special.

Well, if that doesn't sink QV nothing will.*

Sir M

*For those newer to the forum, Mr Cruachan has a feature on his ship photography website entitled "Disasters subsequent to my taking piccies of passing boats doing no harm to anyone", or similar. Most of the unfortunate victims of Mr Cruachan's camera lens have subsequently come a cropper.

Well, if that doesn't sink QV nothing will.*

Sir M

*For those newer to the forum, Mr Cruachan has a feature on his ship photography website entitled "Disasters subsequent to my taking piccies of passing boats doing no harm to anyone", or similar. Most of the unfortunate victims of Mr Cruachan's camera lens have subsequently come a cropper.

Don't be utterly ridiculous dead cat! I wouldn't harm a single weld in her rusty old hull - I'm on her again in June :eek:

J

So sorry to hear you are not enjoying the Christmas cruise. We were on the previous cruise and I agree with you it was great with a lovely atmosphere on board. We are long standing Cunarders and I don't think we have ever felt as you are feeling although there will always be the 'professional moaners' and bad manners on all cruises.

Try venturing up to the Commodore Club and meeting up with NomDePlume - they sound friendly and good fun. What about dinner - if you are having room service are you not happy with your table? Ask the Maitre d' if you can be swapped.

Try and enjoy the rest of the cruise on that lovely ship. You will have the fireworks to look forward to in Madeira on New Year's Eve. They are something really special.

Yes, I've never experienced this before either. Incredibly disillusioned.

After being condescended to (try berrated as she waved her cane) for my youth and nationality by an incredibly stuck up old woman in the art gallery (no idea why i was selected for her wrath), having my nationality ridiculed in the dining room and told I don't belong on board, and then having been told off as a crew member (when I am a passenger), I figure the more I stay in my cabin the less hassle I will have. Never been insulted so badly in my life - especially in such a short space of time!

I'm just keeping to myself now (but thanks to Nom for the invite). No Lanzarote today either, so another boring day at sea. Fortunately there's been great movies on the TV so it hasn't been a total waste. But I'm getting tired of being in the cabin all the time.

I figure I'll have to go ashore tomorrow just to maintain my sanity! Maybe I can get a flight out - I did see an airport as we came into La Palma or whatever it is called this evening (despite the thick haze).

I'm now dreading my transatlantic on QM2! I can only hope the Americans outnumber the English! After this experience I might join the Australian Republican Movement - ha!

Yes, I've never experienced this before either. Incredibly disillusioned.

After being condescended to (try berrated as she waved her cane) for my youth and nationality by an incredibly stuck up old woman in the art gallery (no idea why i was selected for her wrath), having my nationality ridiculed in the dining room and told I don't belong on board, and then having been told off as a crew member (when I am a passenger), I figure the more I stay in my cabin the less hassle I will have. Never been insulted so badly in my life - especially in such a short space of time!

I'm just keeping to myself now (but thanks to Nom for the invite). No Lanzarote today either, so another boring day at sea. Fortunately there's been great movies on the TV so it hasn't been a total waste. But I'm getting tired of being in the cabin all the time.

I figure I'll have to go ashore tomorrow just to maintain my sanity! Maybe I can get a flight out - I did see an airport as we came into La Palma or whatever it is called this evening (despite the thick haze).

I'm now dreading my transatlantic on QM2! I can only hope the Americans outnumber the English! After this experience I might join the Australian Republican Movement - ha!

That is all pretty sad and bad - but please don't go mad! You have cruised quite extensively before with Cunard and others, and from your posts it's clear you love it. This sort of rudeness and arrogance isn't easily forgotten, but hopefully your January QM2 Transatlantic will be full of well-mannered, friendly, 'proper' people who'll get you back to a much happier 'cruise-place'. Work your way through that Room Service menu if it's giving you more pleasure than venturing out!

Edited by Runaways
Typo