Carnival "Canopy Adventure" in Puerto Vallarta

MaiTaiMary

I'm looking for feedback on Carnival's "Canopy Adventure" excursion. Has anybody done this? We will be in Puerto Vallarta with our kids and are looking for some kind of adventure tour that our 8 year old can go on, as well.

Thanks! :)

2x now I have self-booked the "Canopy Tour" with Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta. Both times were incredible! Los Veranos is owned and operated by a guy who was on the US Olympic ski team (many years ago) and designed the lines to be reminiscent of the ski runs he used to do while in training.

The first time, in 2009, was a celebration of our best friend's 70th birthday! You read that right. The guys (guides) carried her equipment and did not falter in making the day the most fun we'd had in the 40 years we'd all known one another! After the nearly 5 hours with Los Veranos we had them drop us off by Our Lady of Guadalupe church and after paying respects we walked across the street to the malecon (boardwalk) and ate lunch. Took a cab back to the ship. As we got in the elevator, a young 30-something came in and were grousing at the "chintzy" Canopy Adventure they'd gone on - booked through Carnival. They described theirs and we described ours. Night and day. They were crazy with envy over what we'd done (more than a dozen zips, with one being over 1/4 mile long) - theirs was more than $100p/p ours under $75p/p -

The 2nd time, in 2011, I was with my then 23-year old D & her friend - we went because even though she'd seen the photos, watched the videos and heard our stories, she simply had to see the place for herself. Again, the day was top notch, and did not disappoint. For the remainder of that cruise others were simply in awe of our Canopy Tour VS their Carnival booked "Canopy Adventure" -

Your 8 year old will love it! You can find Los Veranos Canopy Tours online - they offer a discount if you prepay.

2x now I have self-booked the "Canopy Tour" with Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta. Both times were incredible! Los Veranos is owned and operated by a guy who was on the US Olympic ski team (many years ago) and designed the lines to be reminiscent of the ski runs he used to do while in training.

The first time, in 2009, was a celebration of our best friend's 70th birthday! You read that right. The guys (guides) carried her equipment and did not falter in making the day the most fun we'd had in the 40 years we'd all known one another! After the nearly 5 hours with Los Veranos we had them drop us off by Our Lady of Guadalupe church and after paying respects we walked across the street to the malecon (boardwalk) and ate lunch. Took a cab back to the ship. As we got in the elevator, a young 30-something came in and were grousing at the "chintzy" Canopy Adventure they'd gone on - booked through Carnival. They described theirs and we described ours. Night and day. They were crazy with envy over what we'd done (more than a dozen zips, with one being over 1/4 mile long) - theirs was more than $100p/p ours under $75p/p -

The 2nd time, in 2011, I was with my then 23-year old D & her friend - we went because even though she'd seen the photos, watched the videos and heard our stories, she simply had to see the place for herself. Again, the day was top notch, and did not disappoint. For the remainder of that cruise others were simply in awe of our Canopy Tour VS their Carnival booked "Canopy Adventure" -

Your 8 year old will love it! You can find Los Veranos Canopy Tours online - they offer a discount if you prepay.

I concur 100 percent! We did the Los Veranos Canopy tour this last summer, and it was excellent! The guides were great and we all felt very safe!

Wow, that really DOES look good! Thanks for pointing me in that direction. We are going to look into it more.

It's a little unclear, though. So for $67 per adult, do you know what that includes? Transportation to the area, zip lining, and the animal house? Then there is also an area to swim in the river?

I'm assuming the restaurant and bar are extra.

The "canopy tour" they refer to is the actual zip lining, right?

Does anybody have pictures from their trip? We want something exciting and fun, but now mom (ME) doesn't want something *too* scary! LOL

Thanks for the help! :D

Where is the pick up for cruise passengers? I'm looking at their schedule to see if they are available on our date, but I don't know where they will be picking us up.

NUEVO VALLARTA

MARINA VALLARTA

HOTEL ZONE

ROMANTIC ZONE

CONCHAS CHINAS

MISMALOYA

We don't get in until 12:00p so we would need to be picked up early afternoon.

Thanks!

Hi! The $67 price includes the transportation, zip lining and visiting the animal house (which is small). There is an area to swim in that my older kids enjoyed. Yes, the canopy tour is the actual zip lining. The restaurant and bar are extra, but we enjoyed the restaurant. They had a free tequila tasting which actually gave you a variety of tequilas to try.

We had to take a taxi from the port to the pick-up location. The location we met at was the Collage-Marina. It was a very short taxi ride (I think about a mile?) I believe when we were there we got to port earlier, so I don't know if that will make a difference. Also, the ship time was different than the local time, so we adjusted for that. After the tour, they dropped us off back at the port so we didn't need another taxi to get back.

The zip lining was very fun. My sister-in-law was VERY scared to do the zip lining, but wanted to do it with her boys. After about the second or third line, she had a blast! There are a couple that are pretty long! Also, there is a bit of walking/climbing in between some of the lines. Some of the climbs were pretty steep and a bit challenging for me in the heat, but the other people in our party didn't have any trouble. They also had some water available on the course.

Whatever you decide to do, have a wonderful trip!

Cheryl

Because of that dreaded ship time vs port time we were running behind making our way to the pick up at Collage-Marina - so we grabbed a cab (I think it was about $10) to their office - our cab driver called them to let them know we were on the way - but yes, it includes transportation, playing with the monkeys, the "canopy" (zip lines), and some swimming if you're inclined - there are numerous videos on you tube.

• 2 months later...

We booked the Los Veranos canopy tour! :D it looks awesome!

Anything else you can tell me about it?

Do they take pictures you can buy or video?

Do you remember how long you are gone for? We arrive at 12:00p and they told us to make the 1:30p reservation. Just wondering when we will be back. We overnight in PV, so anytime is fine. Just curious.

Thanks! :D