dress code

Hello,

I am all about dressing up for dinner but I have a question.....on the most recent compass for the Mariner it specifically says

"Please note that bare feet,short pants and tank tops are not permitted at dinner"

I got the bare feet part:D My question is my outfits are skirts and matching tank style tops...not the kind you wear to the beach but sleeveless tops like this.

I have worn this style for the past two cruises and nothing has ever been said...just curious if that has changed..if so I guess I have to repack for next weekend.....

also....what about capris??? I've always worn them on casual nights....don't they qualify as "short pants"....since when has this been a problem?? They aren't denim they are sateen dressy capris.....

Oh and please dont flame me for wanting to wear capris or tank style tops....I don't mind going along with a suggested attire but how is wearing a tank style top with a pretty skirt any different than wearing a spagetti strap sun dress??

cruisetop2.jpg.a88d187641f5aec3c166004f8ee70b16.jpg

Hello,

I am all about dressing up for dinner but I have a question.....on the most recent compass for the Mariner it specifically says

"Please note that bare feet,short pants and tank tops are not permitted at dinner"

I got the bare feet part:D My question is my outfits are skirts and matching tank style tops...not the kind you wear to the beach but sleeveless tops like this.

I have worn this style for the past two cruises and nothing has ever been said...just curious if that has changed..if so I guess I have to repack for next weekend.....

also....what about capris??? I've always worn them on casual nights....don't they qualify as "short pants"....since when has this been a problem?? They aren't denim they are sateen dressy capris.....

Oh and please dont flame me for wanting to wear capris or tank style tops....I don't mind going along with a suggested attire but how is wearing a tank style top with a pretty skirt any different than wearing a spagetti strap sun dress??

What you are going to wear is fine. They are talking about men's tank tops and not what you have in mind. Shorts are shorts and should not be worn for dinner. Capris or 3/4's are fine.

Hello,

finally a dress code thread where the op wont be flamed ( i say this tounge in cheek ofcourse because someone will flame probably)

you are fine in what you want to wear!!!

No reason to flame, you asked a valid question. It actually comes up a lot, since the wording can be a bit confusing. I think they are just trying to eliminate beach wear in the dining room.

Personally, I'm glad they have the no tank top (for men) rule in the dining room. Now, if they could just get them to stop wearing those awful, huge armhole tank tops during the day.... Strictly personal opinion.

Thank you all for your kind responses and clarification....I really wasn't looking forward to repacking my suitcase which I've done over and over for the past month;)

I will bring a wrap just in case, but I'm a hot blooded person for some reason...while everyone is turning blue in the DR and the theatre I'm sweating....LOL:D

Thanks

No reason to flame, you asked a valid question. It actually comes up a lot, since the wording can be a bit confusing. I think they are just trying to eliminate beach wear in the dining room.

Personally, I'm glad they have the no tank top (for men) rule in the dining room. Now, if they could just get them to stop wearing those awful, huge armhole tank tops during the day.... Strictly personal opinion.

..and it's an opinion shared by many of us. :D

Archived