Adding someone to Early Saver booking

cbCRR

I booked a cabin with 4 people. Now looks like we have a 5th that will be joining us. Anyone have experience doing this? I've already sent an email to my PVP, but want to see if anyone has done this before. I think my PVP had said we could add someone no problem. Removing someone would cause penalties.

We did exactly this last month on the Freedom. Cabin wouldn't hold 5, had to cancel the existing booking and re-book using two connecting cabins, added cost for 2nd cabin and penalty of $119 (minus $50 admin fee can be applied toward future cruise within 24 months). What.A.Mess. Pray that your cabin holds 5.

We did exactly this last month on the Freedom. Cabin wouldn't hold 5, had to cancel the existing booking and re-book using two connecting cabins, added cost for 2nd cabin and penalty of $119 (minus $50 admin fee can be applied toward future cruise within 24 months). What.A.Mess. Pray that your cabin holds 5.

That really sucks and I would have asked to speak with a manager and/or sent an e-mail to the Carnival exec team so that this situation could be handled better. I know Carnival has it's cancellation policies and under most circumstances its a sound policy, but in your situation where you need to add a 5th person they should have a way to split cabins and transfer passengers without penalizing anyone. You're paying Carnival for the second cabin and paying for a 5th guest, both of which adds to their profit margins.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

I have heard of people going from 2 rooms down to 1 under Early Saver with no penalty. Since nobody was being cancelled & there were no downgrades, there was no penalty. So it makes sense that you should also be able to go from 1 room to 2, if you want to do it that way, with no penalties, as long as both rooms are an equal or higher category than what you currently have booked. Water Nymph (earlier post) should not have had any penalty, unless they were downgrading.

The other option is of course to put all 5 into one room. The Triumph does have 5-person rooms, since they allow rollaways/trundles. I would highly recommend not doing this in the tiny interiors. If you have an interior, either do 2 rooms or upgrade to an oceanview.

Since your cruise is more than 5 months away, there shouldn't be any problem adding someone. On rare occasion, the ship is overbooked with crew, which means that some available beds aren't allowed to be filled, because there must be enough lifeboat space for everyone. Carnival carefully plans for this, and ideally, every guest bed on the ship can be filled. But sometimes, there is more crew than anticipated. This sounds highly unlikely, but there are reports of it happening, but usually only during high demand times (like summer) and only as it gets closer to sailing.

Edited by k2excursion