Traveling alone with three year old and wait listed for early dining

amygirl76

I'm traveling on Carnival in two weeks. It will just be my three year old daughter and I. I've never been wait listed before, but we are wait listed for early dining and now I'm sort of stressing it. I looked at switching to anytime dining and now that's wait listed too. :/

Late dining isn't an option for us since that's her bed time and she'd be a nightmare, lol. Plus, I really enjoy making friends at dinner during our cruises.

Any thoughts on other options for us besides the Lido deck if we don't end up with early dining? We'll be on the Pride.

Thanks all!

You can always try to switch your dinner assignment once you get on the ship if you don't get what you want. There will be other passengers trying to change their assignments as well so you may get what you want then. And if on the first night they say no, you can try again on the second night or later in the cruise. As far as other options go besides the buffet, you can always eat at the pizzeria, order room service, or try the steakhouse (which I personally wouldn't recommend traveling with a 3 year old since it's a longer and more sedated dinner experience).

Edited by Tapi

I'm traveling on Carnival in two weeks. It will just be my three year old daughter and I. I've never been wait listed before, but we are wait listed for early dining and now I'm sort of stressing it. I looked at switching to anytime dining and now that's wait listed too. :/

Late dining isn't an option for us since that's her bed time and she'd be a nightmare, lol. Plus, I really enjoy making friends at dinner during our cruises.

Any thoughts on other options for us besides the Lido deck if we don't end up with early dining? We'll be on the Pride.

Thanks all!

Send an email to icare@carnival.com explaining your issue. Put your booking number in the subject line.

Same situation happened to us last week. We were planning to go to the MDR as soon as we boarded, but our cards listed early dining on them.

There's a good chance Carnival will "un-waitlist" you before you even board, they don't want a toddler at late dining either ;) Don't stress. :)

Edited by Lerin

I would think if there is any kind of "priority list" of people who desire to change their assigned dining time, you would be pretty high up on that list because you have a toddler.

I hope it all works out for you. :)

Thank you! Emailed them today. I also tweeted Carnival and they said to email the Maitre D a couple of days before too.

The last two cruise we've been on we were wait listed for early dinning. I'm not really sure what wait listed is or why I was placed on the wait list. But both times when we received our S&S card we had early dinning on the card.

I would think if there is any kind of "priority list" of people who desire to change their assigned dining time, you would be pretty high up on that list because you have a toddler.

I hope it all works out for you. :)

There is a priority wait list. Diamond cruisers are guaranteed their preferred dining time and Platinum cruisers are at the top of the Priority wait list. Next on the waitlist are those who purchased FTTF. It is listed on Carnival's website in the listing of perks for each level.

You can post the request on John Heald's Facebook page 4 days before the cruise and he will forward it to the Maitre D. He always says that they will do everything they can to get you your preferred dining time. Explain your situation. Good luck

Edited by Crusin5252
Info

Just an update. I emailed Carnival, tweeted Carnival and basically got the same answer - if we got a spot for early dining, we would be notified via email. Otherwise, we were out of luck.

I finally emailed the MD tonight and he responded so swiftly and said he would take care of it for me. :D

Phew, now I can get a little more excited for my vaca! I know, so silly to stress this...but the sit-down meal is one of my favorite parts of cruising. :)

• 3 weeks later...

On our sold out NYE cruise my brother had booked early and we had booked MTD. First thing we got on board we went to switch him to MTD (no luck), then tried to switch both of us to late (no luck), then we tried to switch me to early (no luck).

My brother was seated at a ten person table and we were told to just show up with him at early and there wouldn't be a problem. We did that for two nights, as we had other commitments the other nights, and there was no problem getting seated. The ten person table always had 2-4 empty seats even with us there.

I doubt there will be any issue finding you two seats at a table as I saw many empty chairs.