drinks of radiance

HCI

Beers $6.50

Spirits $9

Cocktails $12

Shots $10.50

They push you to drinks packages now instead of individual with the inflated pricing but to cover themselves they always have drink of the day, specials, two for one and later in the cruise a drink coupon book where you pre purchase 10 drinks at a cheap rate for people who don't jump on the package after a day or so.

Beers $6.50

Spirits $9

Cocktails $12

Shots $10.50

They push you to drinks packages now instead of individual with the inflated pricing but to cover themselves they always have drink of the day, specials, two for one and later in the cruise a drink coupon book where you pre purchase 10 drinks at a cheap rate for people who don't jump on the package after a day or so.

Thanks for the info. I'm not getting a drink package but the 10 drinks at a cheaper price would be perfect for me.

I've read about the 10 drink coupon book on the RCCL page here on CC, however I haven't heard that it's been offered on any cruises leaving from Oz, hopefully this is true! Will definitely be buying it if possible

We are on board now and the pressure to buy the drinks package was right up there. I will ask about the coupon book as we are on a b2b and with Concierge and Diamond Lounges privileges, the coupons could be good.

Cheers

Di

We are on board now and the pressure to buy the drinks package was right up there. I will ask about the coupon book as we are on a b2b and with Concierge and Diamond Lounges privileges, the coupons could be good.

Cheers

Di

Thanks Di,

Appreciate it. We won't have access to any lounges but still not keen on buying a package. Think the coupons are good idea!

We got the 10 drink coupon on day 5 of our 8 night cruise on Explorer on 16th December. It was $67.50, but could be used for any drink including top shelf. Our drink waiter in the MDR offered it to us.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I just read an article on Facebook where different RCCL ships are trialling the coupons and also trailing one day drink packages. Apparently it is up to the individual ships, you would think the Aussie based ships would be doing it, to try and make the drink prices a little more reasonable.

At least Explorer is doing it, which is Australia based currently.

The odd thing is that it's not well promoted. I was on the same cruise and didn't even see it offered once - unlike the 5 other menus/flyers dumped on our dining table each and every night. It was ridiculous! From Layn33's post above, it also sounds like they were only made aware after the cruise was half over.

We got the 10 drink coupon on day 5 of our 8 night cruise on Explorer on 16th December. It was $67.50, but could be used for any drink including top shelf. Our drink waiter in the MDR offered it to us.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I am wondering if you could ask for it at guest relations?

The card was only valid for the last 2 full days although our waiter let us use it for dinner Day 5 of 8. We didn't see any advertising for it, just offered it to us out of the blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what is the best way to purchase drink package on Radiance, before we leave, or when we are on board.:)

I normally like pre purchasing drink packages. That way there is a sticker on your card when you checkin. All you need to do is head for a bar when you board the ship.

It also means you prepay and helps with the last day bill shock.

The card was only valid for the last 2 full days although our waiter let us use it for dinner Day 5 of 8. We didn't see any advertising for it, just offered it to us out of the blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hoping I could use it for the entire length of the cruise

what is the best way to purchase drink package on Radiance, before we leave, or when we are on board.:)

It costs the same whether you buy onboard or before you go. I suggest you try paying as you go for a day, to see if it is worthwhile or not. We bought a package each and after the 3rd day realised that it was a struggle to keep up with the drinks to get value for money, so cancelled. Mind you, the guest services officer did not want to let us cancel! He argued with me even though the RCI website clearly states that the drink package can be cancelled at any time. He claimed it had to be cancelled by day 2. Remember that on port days you may not drink as much.

if you get a package and cancel make sure it is after the last drink of that day - whatever time you cancel it they will stop you accessing it and zero the sticker on your card, however you will still be charged the full rate for that day.

I haven't seen the 10 drink packs, that would be of more use for me than the packages as I don't drink enough.

the 2 bottles is per room not per person (although I am not sure how thoroughly they check at security.