MSC Divina-Bella of Fantastica?

glamer57

I have just booked for a Nov. 2016 Caribbean cruise on the MSC Divina out of Miami. I booked the 2 for 1 balcony special and have cabin 8251 under the Bella experience. I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the Fantastica experience. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 children (9 and 5 years old). Any advice would be appreciated

I have just booked for a Nov. 2016 Caribbean cruise on the MSC Divina out of Miami. I booked the 2 for 1 balcony special and have cabin 8251 under the Bella experience. I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the Fantastica experience. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 children (9 and 5 years old). Any advice would be appreciated

I upgraded to Fantastica just because I didn't like the locations available with Bella. Personally I like only cabins to be above and below me. Look like you would be partially over the Black and White lounge. I don't know how late activities are scheduled there.

You would receive a few additional amenities and the classes for the kids might be nice. If the total cost to switch "experience" and thus cabin location worked out to around $100 or so I'd move.

I also just booked the 2 for 1 balcony special and upgraded to the Fantastica experience for the same reason of having only cabins above and below. I selected cabin 1143 since it is midship and close to the elevators without being right on top of them. Since we are sailing with children, we also thought it would be worth it for them to have the "bonus" cooking and language classes.

Just off the Divina, Dec 12th, 2015 - we upgraded to Fantastica and was glad we did. It was not a lot of money, and we liked being able to choose what time we ate in the main dining room, where in the ship our cabin would be, and not having to pay to get coffee and pastries delivered to our room every morning - an absolute necessity when you are a bit of a walk from the buffet on Deck 14 and need caffeine to wake up!

I would definately go above deck 8 and upgrade to fantastica. You are right above the black and white lounge.

Just off the Divina, Dec 12th, 2015 - we upgraded to Fantastica and was glad we did. It was not a lot of money, and we liked being able to choose what time we ate in the main dining room, where in the ship our cabin would be, and not having to pay to get coffee and pastries delivered to our room every morning - an absolute necessity when you are a bit of a walk from the buffet on Deck 14 and need caffeine to wake up!

You can eat at the time you want with the Fantastica class? This option was not available when making my reservation on the Seaside!

You can eat at the time you want with the Fantastica class? This option was not available when making my reservation on the Seaside!

No, any time dining is only available with Aurea. With Fantastica you get priority in choosing whether you want first or second dining. With Bella you get what they assign you. You may be able to change with Bella if available but more chance of getting the sitting (not time) with Fantastica.

We're booked in a Bella balcony for the May 7 departure, and were given 11202, which only has other cabins above and below it. Since we rarely have breakfast sent to our room, for us the extra expense of Fantastica wasn't worth it. Grant it, if we would have received a room in a bad location, we might have made the switch.

We're going with three other couples who are booked in Fantastica balconies. MSC said that, since all of our booking numbers have been crossed-referenced, whatever dining they've requested (late) is what we'll receive. The rep actually said that it's an advantage for Bella passengers to travel with Fantastica passengers...a least as far as dining it concerned.

We're booked in a Bella balcony for the May 7 departure, and were given 11202, which only has other cabins above and below it. Since we rarely have breakfast sent to our room, for us the extra expense of Fantastica wasn't worth it. Grant it, if we would have received a room in a bad location, we might have made the switch.

We're going with three other couples who are booked in Fantastica balconies. MSC said that, since all of our booking numbers have been crossed-referenced, whatever dining they've requested (late) is what we'll receive. The rep actually said that it's an advantage for Bella passengers to travel with Fantastica passengers...a least as far as dining it concerned.

Your room will be much smaller than your friends with the fantastica 138 sq ft and your friends will be 191 sq ft.

Your room will be much smaller than your friends with the fantastica 138 sq ft and your friends will be 191 sq ft.

Thanks.

After sailing in an 88 sq ft. inside room on the SS NORWAY, I can deal with anything!

I've yet to find a good photo of the type of room we have on DIVINA.....a category B1.