Pacific Eden Christmas Cruise - Blog Notes

Many thanks for your review.

My brother and sister in law were also on the cruise. Having sailed mostly with Princess they said the the staff tried hard, but not enough of them. The food was basic to OK but their balcony cabin and ship interiors was nice. I doubt if I would go on the Aria or Eden until the staffing and training issues were fixed.

We sailed on the Eden on the cruise before you (the norovirus one that delayed your boarding). We actually enjoyed it and had very few experiences we would complain about but perhaps we just got a good run! I have posted a review about our experiences. Agreed the promenade is great, we were on 6, on the port side and loved it. Also agree they cannot charge for Angelo's it was ordinary at best.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously my blog notes have hit a chord with P&O as I have now been sent another survey to complete.

Anyone else who has sailed on any P&O ship recently been sent a 2nd survey?

I have completed and submitted them both, but just interested to hear if others are also getting two.

FYI - they seemed to ask similar questions.

Thoughts anyone?

Obviously my blog notes have hit a chord with P&O as I have now been sent another survey to complete.

Anyone else who has sailed on any P&O ship recently been sent a 2nd survey?

I have completed and submitted them both, but just interested to hear if others are also getting two.

FYI - they seemed to ask similar questions.

Thoughts anyone?

It may be in part because of a number of complaints.

And have a good look at the thread "Pacific ARIA & EDEN Woes - some real ANSWERS from P&O - Your views?? "

Link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2300381

Or be on several mailing lists.:D

Hi Mic,

Not sure about different mailing list as this was our first (and probably last) P&O cruise.

I did notice they were tracking the url as it had my passenger number in it to match the survey response with the passenger.

I just hope P&O are acting swiftly on all the feedback they are receiving from Pacific Eden & Pacific Aria passengers.

There is lots of room for improvement, in so many areas, for both of these ships.

It would be a disaster if they did not throw the relevant resources at it immediately to fix the issues and stem the flow of negative feedback.

Hi Mic,

Not sure about different mailing list as this was our first (and probably last) P&O cruise.

I did notice they were tracking the url as it had my passenger number in it to match the survey response with the passenger.

I just hope P&O are acting swiftly on all the feedback they are receiving from Pacific Eden & Pacific Aria passengers.

There is lots of room for improvement, in so many areas, for both of these ships.

It would be a disaster if they did not throw the relevant resources at it immediately to fix the issues and stem the flow of negative feedback.

I would think Carnival Corp cruise lines (Princess, P&O, Carnival, etc) share their mailing lists as we have received emails from lines that we haven't sailed on. It is also possible the TA forwarded a survey as well. That said, I hope that P&O do remedy a lot of the issues that they have had if they haven't done so already.

Firstly to answer your question regarding the survey emails...my email was flooded as I was the point of contact for all 4 of us traveling and in all I received 36 survey emails ( 9 each!) ..hmm either they REALLY wanted our opinion or it's another P&O blunder? :rolleyes: LOL

Enjoyed reading your post .. thought the bit about writing in the smudged glass was really funny due to the fact that on our cruise the younger crowd decided to draw "rocket ships" on several windows. I noted they were cleaned relatively swiftly the next day.

We've just returned from the New Years Eve cruise on the Pacific Eden 9th Jan 2016. This was our 9th cruise and we have sailed various cruise lines. I have already written a review here on cruise critic but in short I would agree with all the other reviews and your comments about the sub par and cold food...overworked and understaffed service staff..and several other issues. We even had an instance where someone threw up all over a table near us in Angelo's and the service staff just covered it with a tablecloth and left it that way for the next hour!

We had a good time regardless but only due to good company and great weather. The advertising shows glossy photos and promises of something really special but the reality is something very different. I thought the shows were really good and the new decor beautiful but it's just smoke screen and mirrors that fail to hide the serious penny pinching and issues going on. The ideas were there but P&O failed to pull it off and to be honest I don't think they can fix this anytime soon. So many other passengers were complaining and saying it would be their last cruise with P&O and I would have to agree.