Kata mambo

jean87510

Read about this company and their half day catamaran excursions for cruisers. I did contact them but they want me to gather 18 plus people from my ship. My question is has anyone done this by just reserving a seat prior through kata mambo and not through a roll cal...etc.?

Looking to book with this company as well. Disheartened to hear they expect you to fill up their tour for them.

Anybody else have any experience with them?

Actually, my husband emailed them again and translated the email into french asking for 1/2 day catamarran 3 1/2 hours to northern area to sail. Apparantly there are dolphins in this area that you don't swim with but they are all over. We did get a response immediately and we ending up reserving through paypal 2 spots for 30 euros ($15 each). The total is 45 euros each. We owe them 60 euros in cash when we arrive. They have been really good as long as we translate into french. They did assure me that there are english speaking guides. Apparently the office staff can't speak english. :D This island is so difficult to find anything, and I was really happy to discover this company by accident. They do have cruise ship excursions so I guess I will see in April.

Edited by jean87510

• 4 weeks later...
Read about this company and their half day catamaran excursions for cruisers. I did contact them but they want me to gather 18 plus people from my ship. My question is has anyone done this by just reserving a seat prior through kata mambo and not through a roll cal...etc.?

I think the requirement to gather 20 is to have a tour that picks you up at the ship & gets you back right on time for departure because I believe their regular departures require you to take a ferry for $7 to another place & don't work well with ship schedules We had someone on our roll call put up the proposal & over 20 signed up. It was really a lovely day...lots of dolphins, a stop to walk around St Pierre, a swim stop, snorkeling stop, lunch & drinks. Full day was 80eu. They met us a short walk from dock & got us back at 4 to comfortable make our 4:30 all aboard.

We actually arranged a 1/2 day excursion for 45 euro a person with a deposit of 15 euro. We noticed on the website that they had 1/2 day excursions for cruise ships so we sent an email in french explaining which excursion we wanted and they responded immediately. Google translator was definitely our friend. They do have English speaking ship operators. So if anyone wants to try this company for a half day excursion, send them an email in french explaining what you want. They've been very responsive to questions. My french is very rudimentary and i let them know my husband and i really need English speaking people on boat and they have assured me they will. So far it's just my husband and I from the summit in april. I'll write up my experiences when we return.

• 2 years later...

we did a full day excursion with them in November 2016.... someone from our roll call organized it and we ended up with the required minimum. We did the full day tour. The others are correct- with that option the catamaran picks you up right at the cruise dock so we didn't have to take a ferry or try to get anywhere ourselves. It was a nice day though the weather and dolphins didn't cooperate. Most of the rain held off until mid afternoon, so we did get to snorkel and swim a bunch first. This was a tough port to find something to do!