Tell me about the Conquest

crazycruzer68

What did you do at each? We are beach freaks...we do like to see out of the way places though-in Roatan, I prearranged for a private taxi/tour-he even took us to his home (waterfront-we watched the ppl swimming with dolphins).

After reading about Jack's Shack on GT, I have pretty much decided that we will go there. ;) thanks!

In St. Maarten, we booked Bernard's Tour #2 (includes stops at Orient and Maho). Great tour. We've done it twice! There's also a stop in Marigot where we grabbed some lunch. To book : http://www.bernardstours.com/index.html

In St. Kitts, we did a tour, which included Reggae Beach Bar at Cockeshell beach. Great Roth and strong rum punch. Fantastic ride through rolling hills, with awesome scenery. To book : http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

A day at Jack's Shack is my extreme happy place :) Don't forget to print your free rum shot, and say hi to Topher for me! http://www.jacksshack.tc/ImageUploadedByForums1452640710.163970.jpg.a3e13dd3a8d274df009e3282a4613686.jpg

Edited by soccersharon

I'm definitely going to check this out when I'm on the Conquest. Late-nite lasagna sounds divine. Ok, actually lasagna at anytime sounds divine to me. :D

Watch for the "Pizza Pirate Plus" menu to appear (I think that's how it was tagged). I think it was at around 11 pm. Best of all, they were serving it from the right side of the pizza kiosk, and there was no line for it. There was a HUGE line for pizza at night, though.

Carnival should consider opening at least one other 24-hr dining option.

Then again, I've always been mystified that the "adult only" pools and hot-tubs close so early on ships that are supposed to be "fun." :confused:

Sadly, Carnival is removing the Mongolian Wok from all of its ships. The reason (which I read on here) is that (sadly!) they cant' put people through the line fast enough. It's too slow to cook individual orders for all those passengers. The line always wrapped around to the other side of the ship. :(

Can't say I'm surprised, as the lines COULD get very long....but it's by far the freshest, healthiest dining option they offer. I just made a point to make a beeline for the place as soon as I boarded with FTTF.

It seems that it's already gone. :(

This list of the dining options doesn't show it. http://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/?shipCode=CQ

Another page on Carnival's website listed a handful of ships that still have it, but Conquest wasn't one of them. :(

We sail on April 16, the 8-day itinerary. What about you?

Oh that stinks!!!

April 2nd- I teach-and this is my spring break.

What did you do at each? We are beach freaks...we do like to see out of the way places though-in Roatan, I prearranged for a private taxi/tour-he even took us to his home (waterfront-we watched the ppl swimming with dolphins).

After reading about Jack's Shack on GT, I have pretty much decided that we will go there. ;) thanks!

Been to Jacks several times and find it very over rated. At the very end of the beach, fair swimming and have to rental chairs from them. The line for their food is long and extremely over priced. We were there when they opened one time and they were already out of the great conch they advertise. So we don't bother any more. We hang around Mville or the immediate beach area.

Can't say I'm surprised, as the lines COULD get very long....but it's by far the freshest, healthiest dining option they offer. I just made a point to make a beeline for the place as soon as I boarded with FTTF.

Yeah, but according to Carnival's website, the Conquest doesn't have it anymore. :eek:

An older ship, showing some wear but overall a great cruise. Food was great and the crew was very attentive. Loved The Blue Iguana and Guy's Burgers.

My DH and I had a balcony cabin on the 9th floor and unfortunately the people in the two cabins ignored the cruise policy regarding smoking on the balcony and they were smoking on their balcony non-stop. Therefore, we didn't get a chance to enjoy our balcony.

We have always booked balcony cabins and have cruised over 15 times and this is the first time this has happened.

Yeah, but according to Carnival's website, the Conquest doesn't have it anymore. :eek:

Oh, I know. I was on Conquest last October and rued the lack of the Mongolian Wok and the Serenity area. I have NO idea why the ship is missing the latter, either.

An older ship, showing some wear but overall a great cruise. Food was great and the crew was very attentive. Loved The Blue Iguana and Guy's Burgers.

With the lack of the Wok, those were our go-to places for food. The Blue Iguana is a great choice for breakfast, too, and there was no line.

My DH and I had a balcony cabin on the 9th floor and unfortunately the people in the two cabins ignored the cruise policy regarding smoking on the balcony and they were smoking on their balcony non-stop. Therefore, we didn't get a chance to enjoy our balcony.

We have always booked balcony cabins and have cruised over 15 times and this is the first time this has happened.

When you complained to Guest Services about it -- as you should have -- what did they tell you?

Need help choosing one of these ships. I know Magic will be going dry dock soon. Going in August. Don't care too much about the ports, somewhat similar. Would prefer a ship that has an adult only section. This will be my 50th birthday present, so I would like it to be romantic. Next question is an aft, premium, or premium vista balcony worth it. Normally we book a regular balcony. Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by sunmomma0618