Sunshine Accessibility

Schoifmom

Can someone please comment on the accessibility on the Sunshine? How easy is it for someone with mobility issues to get around?

From what I have read, the ship seems to have a "crowded" feel about it. DH travels with his scooter and we are considering this ship for our next trip.

Please don't post referring me to the disabled cruisers forum. I am aware that it is there, but I am looking for information specific to this ship.

Not good in some areas. The Theater. most seats are in the balcony. The floor....has some seats and then table arrangements. people line up thirty minutes before show time. THEN a large number of the floor seats are ''saved" by one person in a large group ( often a child. Who is doing it at the direction of parents, I assume. Difficult to argue with a child or young teen) NO ONE checks the saving. NO ONE helps people find seats ever.

ON THE FIFTH DECK there is a handicapped area where people on scooters can watch the shows. The sofas up there set aside for handicapped .....were always filled with children and healthy adults with the handicapped people. Or were when I saw it. NO ONE CHECKS.

PLAN ON GETTING THERE EARLY IF YOU NEED A FLOOR SEAT. ( STAIRS ARE A CHALLENGE)

VIPF Party. BE EARLY. Accessible seats will be gone or "SAVED". No one will check or intervene. Fifth Floor Handicapped will be Locked.

I will not sail the Sunshine again even though it had many good features. The staff, outside of whoever manages the Shows and Parties, were outstanding. It is a beautiful ship. We went to great ports and enjoyed the tours. We loved our cabin, we had a perfect cabin steward, the meals were fine, the wait staff charming............AND if you are not a fan of the shows or Bingo.............and are not Diamond or Platinum..........no issues.

I am not in a scooter. Your difficulty would be greater, but forewarned is to be ready.

Plan around where you know you will have issues.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by AmberTeka

Not good in some areas. The Theater. most seats are in the balcony. The floor....has some seats and then table arrangements. people line up thirty minutes before show time. THEN a large number of the floor seats are ''saved" by one person in a large group ( often a child. Who is doing it at the direction of parents, I assume. Difficult to argue with a child or young teen) NO ONE checks the saving. NO ONE helps people find seats ever.

ON THE FIFTH DECK there is a handicapped area where people on scooters can watch the shows. The sofas up there set aside for handicapped .....were always filled with children and healthy adults with the handicapped people. Or were when I saw it. NO ONE CHECKS.

PLAN ON GETTING THERE EARLY IF YOU NEED A FLOOR SEAT. ( STAIRS ARE A CHALLENGE)

VIPF Party. BE EARLY. Accessible seats will be gone or "SAVED". No one will check or intervene. Fifth Floor Handicapped will be Locked.

I will not sail the Sunshine again even though it had many good features. The staff, outside of whoever manages the Shows and Parties, were outstanding. It is a beautiful ship. We went to great ports and enjoyed the tours. We loved our cabin, we had a perfect cabin steward, the meals were fine, the wait staff charming............AND if you are not a fan of the shows or Bingo.............and are not Diamond or Platinum..........no issues.

I am not in a scooter. Your difficulty would be greater, but forewarned is to be ready.

Plan around where you know you will have issues.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the help!