Celebrity Silhouette reviewers say nothing about Hideaway Lounge

ShmuelCharlie

I've noticed many complaints in reviews about Celebrity's services, facilities, amenities, etc. Some of those reviews seldom seem to mention anything nice: For example, has anybody enjoyed relaxing in this ship's Hideaway Lounge that can be found on Deck 8 mid-ship? This lounge, outfitted with hanging nest-like chair arrangements, also includes coffee makers, cups, board games, and tables to enjoy these pursuits. Hey, reviewers: Please consider mentioning the wonderful 2-deck high library, the wine tower in the MDR, and for guys only, here's something for you: Have you ever noticed those placards above the urinals in the Men's rooms offering famous quotes while you do your business? I have, and on my next Silhouette cruise, I just might take down those quotes on notepads!

Perhaps you should have posted this on the Celebrity board?

I don't do reviews on CC. I do blog my trips on another cruising site.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Hideaway on DECK 7 & 8 of Silhouette during our Med. cruise in 2013. EM

Why did you have to go and blab - one of the best things about the Hideaway Lounge IS that it is hidden away? If everyone knows about it, it will be crowded - those hanging chairs will all have towels placed on them by chair hogs, the board games will be grabbed, and the slobs will have fouled up the coffee making area.

It is the "insiders only", unadvertised aspects of cruising which save we cognoscenti from the hordes of yahoos who trample everything in their path.

Thanks al lot, big mouth. If you start telling people about the secret swinging late night discos, all night bars, and 24 hour comedy clubs on HAL ships, I'm coming after you.