Amber and Matty P's Conquest Adventures!

PurdueChefAmber

Hey Amber, would you mind telling us who the Alchemy Bartenders are right now? If you recall.... its our favorite bar and we get on the 17th. 6 day....... :)

thx,

Mark and Gwyne

Currently onboard at the Alchemy bar is

Master Mixologist – Maja from Serbia

Alchemy Bartender – Katerina from Belarus

Alchemy Bar Waitress – Latoya from Jamaica

I hope this helps!!!

Hey how did you contact John heald? I posted in the ask John section on his blog but other people have said other ways are more efficient

Thanks

Enjoying the review

I posted on Facebook at 9 am on a day he was answering questions asking if we could get two lounge chairs and he did that and decorated our room :)

Awesome review so far, Amber! Will be reading it as you roll it out.

Few questions:

1.) That's awesome what they did for you with the rose petals / swan towel animals! (Okay that's a comment, not a question)

2.) How did you like the desserts overall on the ship, excluding the Melting Chocolate Cake?

3.) What happened to your toes? :(

1. :)

2. They were delicious and I found to like some of the new offerings better than melting cake, gasp!!!! Melting cake was of a good consistency all cruise.

3. I broke them both in a fall three weeks ago!

We want more.....We want more [emoji12][emoji12]

Been anxiously waiting for your review.....Loving it and your photos so far, Thx

We can't wait to be on the Conquest March 19th

I will do more tomorrow!! I have two little ones to chase around! :)

You are very welcome!!!

We walked up to 8454 and were immediately able to drop off our bags and we saw a surprise!

My sister has the aft wrap on 8 and I have the bowling alley right behind her pretty excited. Another gal has an inside same deck and

the kids have the cabin across from us.

I had an aft on the glory 2 day and found it hard to find

a cool spot without the sun bearing down but the views

in the evening were amazing. Great review so far.

Gina

You will love it!!! I would have loved it much more if it weren't for the rough seas! Have a blast, Gina!! Thanks for following along.

Hello cruise critic! First, I want to thank everyone for the wonderful trip reviews! I love reading them!

I am Amber, I am 30 and from South Bend, Indiana! My husband is Matt and is 33. We love to cruise and this our first cruise since having our two kids, they are 3.5 and 2!

749f7a30.jpg

We fly into Miami on Friday and sail out of Port Everglades on the Conquest on Sunday. We are staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL. I will try to be very timely with my trip review and start it sometime during the week of January 11!

Too funny that's where I'm from, South bend, & we are doing that cruise in November. Looking forward to your review.

I may have missed the location of this Embassy Suites in your post, so can you please tell me what location?

Embassy Suites is my choice hotel when I fly in for a pre-cruise stay.

Your pics are awesome and I'm looking forward to reading more :) We are sailing the Conquest on April 24th for my Birthday and I'm so looking forward to just relaxing on this cruise.

Thanks for sharing Amber!!

We'll be sailing on the Ecstasy next month (eeeee!) but I love how cheerful, upbeat, informative, and detailed your review is! I love reading all these wonderful CC reviews you all take the time and dedication to post to help us get the best out of our cruise experience!

Thank you for taking the time, y'all look like you had an absolute blast!

Will be following and reading all throughout this thread! Cheers!

1. :)

2. They were delicious and I found to like some of the new offerings better than melting cake, gasp!!!! Melting cake was of a good consistency all cruise.

3. I broke them both in a fall three weeks ago!

Ahhh I see. Get well soon, and thanks again for the great review so far!

Hey Amber just a quick question when you have a chance can you tell me which dining room you had and if you had a set time or your time dining thanks.

I did YTD which put me in Renoir but I ate in both because of Sea Day Brunch. I will do set dining from now on but more on that later!

Excited to follow along with your review. We have 3 cruises scheduled on the Conquest this year. Please share any tips that you may have. Definitely subscribing if I can get the thread tools to work!

I am on the Conquest again in April! :)

I may have missed the location of this Embassy Suites in your post, so can you please tell me what location?

Embassy Suites is my choice hotel when I fly in for a pre-cruise stay.

Your pics are awesome and I'm looking forward to reading more :) We are sailing the Conquest on April 24th for my Birthday and I'm so looking forward to just relaxing on this cruise.

Thanks for sharing Amber!!

I was at Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale on 17th!

Anxiously Waiting For Moreeeee 😬🍹🍹😜

I'm back! Crazy 2 days at work! Sorry!

Haha...I can relate! :D

Hehehe

We'll be sailing on the Ecstasy next month (eeeee!) but I love how cheerful, upbeat, informative, and detailed your review is! I love reading all these wonderful CC reviews you all take the time and dedication to post to help us get the best out of our cruise experience!

Thank you for taking the time, y'all look like you had an absolute blast!

Will be following and reading all throughout this thread! Cheers!

Thank you! We did have a blast!!! :)

Sorry about the delay! Work has been insane and photobucket has been evil and rerouting through foreign IP addresses which blocks photobucket on my work laptop, yay!

Anyways...

After dropping off our bags we went off to explore the lido deck. This is my first sailing with 2.0 upgrades so I was so excited to see all the differences! We knew we wanted a Guy's Burger to start and a drink from the Red Frog Rum Bar! I found that I liked the drinks here and at Blue Iguana with floaters so that they were not so sweet.

B5F423DA-D1C3-4100-9BE5-7FD07A37354E_zpsqerchrzj.jpg

B1DC2401-DFB6-4100-AD8E-F01E012B7F4D_zpstlkygwoj.jpg

2AF34254-A93D-4D10-AC7D-D3B7FC317DE9_zpsrx5efown.jpg

We enjoyed our burgers but I think I am in the minority of CC. I did not think this was a great burger. The burger itself was "eh" but the toppings were awesome. This would be my only Guy's Burger on the trip. Matt enjoyed these a lot more and tried one more on the day we were in Amber Cove. I loooooooved the Shrimp Tacos but I would not know that until the first sea day.

After our Burger treats I knew I wanted something fresh, so, we headed up to the Fish and Chips and I got a ceviche treat! 53CD1F97-E467-4D48-93F7-5A4A18C6EE01_zpsdlf3mo2f.jpg

The ceviche was as good as I remember it and love sailing on ships that have a fish and chips. It was also always less crowded up there and serene.

Side note, Matt really enjoyed the Thirsty Frog Beer and was disappointed that you could not get it in the MDR. Hopefully since the Vista will be brewing it on board, they will have it available everywhere.

After our treats, we headed back to the room to meet our Steward. Our Stewards were Suri and Ari. They were AWESOME! I left them $20 and note asking for ice and for our mini fridge to be emptied. They did this when we were at dinner and chilled our wine for us. They were some of the best stewards I ever had but this is also the first time I tipped my stewards in the beginning of the cruise. (Thanks CC)

We had our waters, shore excursion tickets, my Sea Day brunch drink ticket and other documents laid out for us on our counter.

62A515D7-25FC-4ED0-8638-716DDFF8A8F2_zps5i5lq1ib.jpg

Ok, well, I have all the fun times as PDFs that are too big to insert so I will figure that out. Moving on....

The muster drill bell went off right around 3:45pm and lasted an hour. I was sad because all the other ships left when we were in the drill so we couldn't see them take off. Oh well. Right after drill we went to Alchemy for the Martini Tasting class which I LOVED! You pick 3 different ones you want to try and they will make up another one that they think you will like. You them try to put them in the right order and if you do, you get a cute glass charm!

D2E3F1E7-6E35-4710-9675-5FC9646D2AB7_zpshz0qrqzu.jpg

0679DFE4-7FEF-4897-93F8-DA2A1A00EA9C_zpsh1atxdyx.jpg

We chose the correct order and each had one more drink. I did a Sazerac and Matt had the Cucumber Sunrise. The Cucumber Sunrise was not my cup of tea but seemed like one of the more popular drinks that they served. Alchemy will make you just about anything you desire. It was one of our favorite hang out spots. I love whisky and they could do the most creative drinks with it!

A6846902-F4B1-4B80-BCEF-47B76DFB1191_zpsbkj0roj4.jpg

C336AE53-B3A3-4B15-ADE1-007677FB9945_zpsfaezpwfk.jpg