Amber and Matty P's Conquest Adventures!

PurdueChefAmber

Great start! :)

Does anyone know WHY the HMC is cancelled on more than one cruise? Did I miss something?

They said that since it isn't owned by Carnival, Holland America can bump carnival as they wish as they add sailings. My April Sailing is going there on the Conquest.

Amber,

There was a male and a female who played the steel drum and bass/guitar who did play on the lido every day. I didn't think they were very good though. There was also the regular recorded music and a DJ too. Cab ride was about $13 from airport to Embassy. We paid $18 for the shuttle to the port. Car ride back to airport was like $13-14. I usually tip the taxi drivers $5 extra though.

Thank you! Not bad! I am flying into MIA, I have an Uber credit so it will be free to Embassy Suites. We are doing the water taxi around Ft Lauderdale, the hotel shuttle to the port. We will then do uber from the port back to Miami on the following Saturday.

We were on the Conquest over Thanksgiving (link to my review in my signature) and we will be on Conquest in May, hopefully going to HMC, Amber Cove and Grand Turk. Looking forward to reading your review!

Happy New Year!

I am doing that same itinerary April 24, so I will probably do a mini review just covering differences! I am going on this cruise with my hubby and that one with my mom. They will be completely different experiences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am doing that same itinerary April 24, so I will probably do a mini review just covering differences! I am going on this cruise with my hubby and that one with my mom. They will be completely different experiences!

I hear you! The cruise over Thanksgiving included my DH, my 2 DDs (13 & 15) and my mom. The cruise in May with just DH will be a completely different experience for me as well. Enjoy!

Enjoy your cruise! Looking forward to your review.

Thank you!

We'll be in 8457.

Nice! I'll try to get pictures for you if I can!

I hear you! The cruise over Thanksgiving included my DH, my 2 DDs (13 & 15) and my mom. The cruise in May with just DH will be a completely different experience for me as well. Enjoy!

I love cruising with both. My husband and I take a very fun but relaxing approach. My mom is all fun! She loves the shows, gambling and dressing up!!

I will be looking forward to reading about your experiences. We are on Conquest for the second time next month (February 20). We are doing the 8-day to Grand Turk, La Romana DR, Curacao and Aruba.

I would like to know how service in the MDR is...lately we've had some not-so-great experiences. Also, please comment on Piano Bar and Comedy Club if you check those out.

I hope you enjoy all your upcoming cruises!!!

If you like the Alchemy Bar (we did[emoji3]) ask about the mixologist class. Katya the bartender/mixologist told us about it and we signed up, but I think spaces are limited. Well worth the $15 per person charge.

Oh, I can't wait!! I read about this and am very excited to do the mixologist class! Can you sign up on the first day?

I will be looking forward to reading about your experiences. We are on Conquest for the second time next month (February 20). We are doing the 8-day to Grand Turk, La Romana DR, Curacao and Aruba.

I would like to know how service in the MDR is...lately we've had some not-so-great experiences. Also, please comment on Piano Bar and Comedy Club if you check those out.

I hope you enjoy all your upcoming cruises!!!

I will do all three for you!

We fly into Miami on Friday and sail out of Port Everglades on the Conquest on Sunday. We are staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL. I will try to be very timely with my trip review and start it sometime during the week of January

HI Amber first off I hope you have a wonderful cruise if you would when you do your review could you do a little short review of the hotel we haven't picked our hotel for June in FLL and Embassy Suites is one we are looking at .

We will be on the Conquest in June, and my sister has the corner aft and I have the cabin with the long balcony behind hers and we are so excited .

Thanks Gina

I am Amber, I am 30 and from South Bend, Indiana!

Hello to a current South Bender from a long time ago former South Bender (left there in 1976).

Enjoy your cruise. I was on the Conquest in 2011, pre upgrades, so I'm sure it'll be a lot different.

We fly into Miami on Friday and sail out of Port Everglades on the Conquest on Sunday. We are staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL. I will try to be very timely with my trip review and start it sometime during the week of January

HI Amber first off I hope you have a wonderful cruise if you would when you do your review could you do a little short review of the hotel we haven't picked our hotel for June in FLL and Embassy Suites is one we are looking at .

We will be on the Conquest in June, and my sister has the corner aft and I have the cabin with the long balcony behind hers and we are so excited .

Thanks Gina

I sure will, Gina!

Hello to a current South Bender from a long time ago former South Bender (left there in 1976).

Enjoy your cruise. I was on the Conquest in 2011, pre upgrades, so I'm sure it'll be a lot different.

Thank you! South Bend sure has changed as of late! :)

Hello and good morning!!! We stayed the night in Rosemont Il to fly out of O'Hare this morning!! We did a Park Sleep Fly and got a great deal. We get parking and the room at the Hyatt Regency for $120! The parking would have been around $80 alone!

We went to Giordano's for dinner and had some DELICIOUS pizza and Old Fashions! image_zpsfbkmszdu.jpeg

We re flying on American Airline on a direct flight to Miami. I will update when I can!!

Have a Great Cruise Amber ......We're on the Conquest March 19th and can't wait......Also we did the Alchemy class before and Loved it and did sign up the first day.....They give you a great history of booze and making drinks plus you sample about 4 1/2 size drinks they make and then at the end you get to have a full size drink of whatever you like...Well worth the $15 Plus you get a cool Mixology Certificate

Have a Great Cruise Amber ......We're on the Conquest March 19th and can't wait......Also we did the Alchemy class before and Loved it and did sign up the first day.....They give you a great history of booze and making drinks plus you sample about 4 1/2 size drinks they make and then at the end you get to have a full size drink of whatever you like...Well worth the $15 Plus you get a cool Mixology Certificate

Awesome! I can't wait!!! :)