Less Motion Sickness on Mega Ships?

dngtrumps

I've been on two RC cruises and scheduled for my third in 2016. My first cruise was a Western Caribbean itinerary on Freedom out of Miami and during the course of the week, I did not experience any sea sickness.

A few years later, I cruised a Bermuda itinerary on Enchantment out of Baltimore and experienced severe motion sickness from the time the ship came out into the ocean from the Chesapeake Bay.

Both of my past cruises were in October but neither was during difficult weather. I assume that this was due to Enchantment being a smaller ship with less stabilizers or possibly smoother sailing out of Florida? I would appreciate any reassurances from more seasoned cruisers that my next cruise on Indy from Fort Lauderdale will be less rocky.

Thanks,

Dawn

The perceived motion of the ship is due to the sea and weather conditions (which are unpredicable) and your location on the ship, i.e., how far you are from the lowest, most midship part of the ship.

I've been on two RC cruises and scheduled for my third in 2016. My first cruise was a Western Caribbean itinerary on Freedom out of Miami and during the course of the week, I did not experience any sea sickness.

A few years later, I cruised a Bermuda itinerary on Enchantment out of Baltimore and experienced severe motion sickness from the time the ship came out into the ocean from the Chesapeake Bay.

Both of my past cruises were in October but neither was during difficult weather. I assume that this was due to Enchantment being a smaller ship with less stabilizers or possibly smoother sailing out of Florida? I would appreciate any reassurances from more seasoned cruisers that my next cruise on Indy from Fort Lauderdale will be less rocky.

Thanks,

Dawn

It depends just on the weather and not on the ship if we are comparing this size of ships. They are all big and well stabilized. The Atlantic is in general more rocky than the Caribbean. It also depends on the schedule the Captain has to kerp and his approach to drive through or around bad weather.