Horizon Court v Windjammer

Vacation Nut

As I have read about the confusion with Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe, I am wondering how different this is from RCCL Windjammer and Island Grill combo. Windjammer does not stay open all the time and Island Grill seemed to be the place for evening informal dining.

Anyone have an opinion about the similarity of these informal dining places on Princess and RCCL?

When we were on Grand Princess I liked the arrangement of Horizon Court, just being able to dip in and out of various stations, I much preferred that to the line you have to make for RCCL Windjammer.

We were on RCCL Radiance last year and loved the Windjammer. Had dinner there a couple of nights and they had the various stations, good assortment of foods and even got us a bottle of wine since we had purchased the wine package in the main dining room for the week. It was quiet up there and we really enjoyed our two dinners there. There were so few people, however, that I'm wondering if they still can afford to do this. Bucky

I thought the Windjammer on the Navigator was confusing but I liked the Horizon Court. Also in the Wind Jammer the crew were standing around talking to each other and not clearing table or helping people like me (I'm disabled). On Princess they were clearing tables and giving assistance to those who needed it including a mother with two small children.

I do like stations better but the set up Princess had I think was better for faster service.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Have been to both the Windjammer and Horizon court. The 24 hr availability on Princess is perfect for those coming and going on excursions in ports. On the Enchanment of the Seas, we were actually hungry very often as there were no food choices outside of hotdoges and hamburgers. Food great in the Horizon court too. Found the Windjammer food so left-over-ish.

Archived