FTTF/Cabin question

nessz79

We have never done FTTF before, but have it this coming March on the Breeze. We plan on arriving early for first call for FTTF to board. Since we can drop our carry-ons at our stateroom upon boarding, will we have any issues with the fire-doors being closed to the stateroom areas? :confused:

No just go through the doors

6339aeb828c915440f3bf78e18bae652.jpg

On our last few cruises, there have been crew members in the "Ask Me" red shirts at the stair wells near the doors. We just showed our Platinum cards and were told to go ahead in. Others that were not D/P nor had FTTF were asked to enjoy themselves on Lido and return at 1:30.

No just go through the doors

This made me laugh:-)

I was able to go immediately to my stateroom during a Carnival wedding. A few folks were helping me carry my dress up high so it wouldn't drag and a few people were pulling wheeled luggage that we needed for the ceremony and reception. Ming you by then I was a nervous wreck and my nerves were eaten through ten times over. We get off the elevator and come to the fire doors. The parade comes to a screeching halt with confused looks all around. I am like "what's wrong"? And somebody said "the door is closed". I stomp up to it, swing it open, and say "well open it" in my newly acquired demon voice. Apparently they didn't know those doors opened either:-). And it was a very happy day for them thanking their lucky stars they were not my soon to be DH:-)

LOL we tried to go through the doors on one of our cruises last year and the room steward said oh no you go back...I said oh no FTTF and I'm going to my cabin...obviously he did NOT know what he was talking about. Then on one cruise we went through the doors and got to our cabin...we left shortly after dropping our things off and went back through the closed doors and several people were standing there..one lady said how did you get in there? I said we opened the doors ..we have FTTF and we can do that...she said well we have it also...I opened the door....gestured for them to go ahead! :D ROFL...they didn't know they could open the door!