Loyalty Benefits on B2B Sailings

MightyQuinn

We are doing B2B cruises in a few months and will graduate to Silver after the first sailing. Both cruises were booked separately with different booking numbers. Will we be entitled to Silver benefits on the second sailing? The online FAQ says that if a guest becomes eligible for a higher membership level while on board, they will receive the next level of benefits on their next SB cruise, which in our case would be the second sailing. The FAQ doesn't address how SB handles a change in loyalty level on B2B cruises. Anyone know? Thanks!

We are doing B2B cruises in a few months and will graduate to Silver after the first sailing. Both cruises were booked separately with different booking numbers. Will we be entitled to Silver benefits on the second sailing? The online FAQ says that if a guest becomes eligible for a higher membership level while on board, they will receive the next level of benefits on their next SB cruise, which in our case would be the second sailing. The FAQ doesn't address how SB handles a change in loyalty level on B2B cruises. Anyone know? Thanks!

In theory you did everything correctly to avail yourself of your Silver benefits at the start of your second sailing.:D

Changing status - I'd talk to the HM (or whatever the correct title is on the Odyssey class - if it's different) and ask them. Especially as if you had previously paid for tours and take the discount they will now owe you money. I'd probably do this at the start of the first segment so theres no "well it takes X days after sailing for the system to update your status change".

Thanks Emperor. My thinking is to follow up with SB Club in the New Year and maybe have our file flagged to prevent any delay in our new status being posted to our account. Then I'd also check on the ship that we're good to go. The shorex discount would be the best benefit for us but we wouldn't book until we're on board anyway to use our OBC.

I've now heard back from SB Club and things will go as we hoped. They advised us to go to the front desk at the end of our 1st voyage and request Silver member status for the start of our 2nd voyage. The ship will confirm our new level with SB Club and then we'll receive Silver benefits. I'm very happy SB Club has already marked our file so we don't have to wait until the end of the B2B to receive enhanced benefits. Gotta love it!