Carnival Conquest- Onboard Shows and Kids

Mysticks1

:confused: Question for past Carnival cruisers:

I saw in a past Conquest Capers that there is a "Welcome Aboard Show" hosted by the CD. I noticed that the comic on that particular cruise that has adult only shows was taking part. Is this show for adults only or would it be appropriate for kids?

Are the shows normally advertised as "adult only" if that is their content or do you sometimes take a chance on what your kids might hear? Are there shows offered that are family friendly? Thanks in advance for your comments.

:confused: Question for past Carnival cruisers:

I saw in a past Conquest Capers that there is a "Welcome Aboard Show" hosted by the CD. I noticed that the comic on that particular cruise that has adult only shows was taking part. Is this show for adults only or would it be appropriate for kids?

Are the shows normally advertised as "adult only" if that is their content or do you sometimes take a chance on what your kids might hear? Are there shows offered that are family friendly? Thanks in advance for your comments.

The comedians do two different shows, a family-friendly one for the main show and a late night R-rated adults only show later. The R-rated shows are clearly designated and can be very raunchy, and Carnival is serious about no one under 18 being present. The main shows can be mildly spicy. For example, the show girls wear thong type tights, and some of the humour is mildly off color (think bathroom humour). Maybe PG 13 at the worst.

The comedians do two different shows, a family-friendly one for the main show and a late night R-rated adults only show later. The R-rated shows are clearly designated and can be very raunchy, and Carnival is serious about no one under 18 being present. The main shows can be mildly spicy. For example, the show girls wear thong type tights, and some of the humour is mildly off color (think bathroom humour). Maybe PG 13 at the worst.

The adult only shows are definitely not for kids. Don't bring your kids in unless you want to be singled out by the comic with some "what are you thinking, can't you read, what part of ADULT don't you understand" type of comments. Often the shows are held quite late in the evening just so kids won't try to come in. They can be hysterically funny shows, however.

The other shows are much tamer, and the comic does less racy material, but it would be more PG13 and R rated than family friendly or G rated.

The adult only shows are definitely not for kids. Don't bring your kids in unless you want to be singled out by the comic with some "what are you thinking, can't you read, what part of ADULT don't you understand" type of comments. Often the shows are held quite late in the evening just so kids won't try to come in. They can be hysterically funny shows, however.

The other shows are much tamer, and the comic does less racy material, but it would be more PG13 and R rated than family friendly or G rated.

I was just on Conquest (the 5 day version) and slipped in on the middle of the "Welcome Aboard Show." I also later attended the adults only show that the comedian did. The adults only show was notably racier. At the end of the "Welcome Aboard Show" the CD was careful to say that the adults only show was not appropriate for those who were easily offended or those under 18. He gave the same warning prior to the start of the adults only show.

I don't remember anything too explicit about the "Welcome" show, but I can only speak for the half that I was actually there plus I don't have kids to worry about anyway. Everything that was labeled "adults only" was definitely that. Don't go if you are offended by jokes of a racial/sexual nature because he said it all...definitely don't bring the kids! :eek: I think they would clearly label any questionable shows. But then again, only you know what your kids can handle and their age group, etc...Does that help at all or did I confuse the issue further?:D

I was just on Conquest (the 5 day version) and slipped in on the middle of the "Welcome Aboard Show." I also later attended the adults only show that the comedian did. The adults only show was notably racier. At the end of the "Welcome Aboard Show" the CD was careful to say that the adults only show was not appropriate for those who were easily offended or those under 18. He gave the same warning prior to the start of the adults only show.

I don't remember anything too explicit about the "Welcome" show, but I can only speak for the half that I was actually there plus I don't have kids to worry about anyway. Everything that was labeled "adults only" was definitely that. Don't go if you are offended by jokes of a racial/sexual nature because he said it all...definitely don't bring the kids! :eek: I think they would clearly label any questionable shows. But then again, only you know what your kids can handle and their age group, etc...Does that help at all or did I confuse the issue further?:D

You were very helpful. I was especially worried about the welcome aboard show but wanted my daughter to attend if content was okay. We will also probably go to the Las Vegas type shows but not the comedy ones. Thanks again.

You were very helpful. I was especially worried about the welcome aboard show but wanted my daughter to attend if content was okay. We will also probably go to the Las Vegas type shows but not the comedy ones. Thanks again.

I cannot speak for the Valor in particular, but to Carnival shows in general.

We were on the Triumph twice with our kids, and the Camp took the 6-8 and 9-11 group to the musical shows and the magic show. They did not take them to any comedy shows.(our kids had a choice to go with us, or go with the camp kids... well, you know what they chose!) I though the musical shows were terrific... yes, the girls wear thongs .. but is a costume, and my boys really were not phased by the dance outfits.

We went to the Welcome aboard show.. and although funny, I did not really find it to be child friendly. The kids went to Camp at this time.

The adult comedy shows are just that.... please do not bring your kids!

The boys favorite, both years was the magic show. They LOVED that night!

Catrin

I am sure you are a consciencious parent for even thinking this ahead of time!! You'll be able to trust your own judgement - just read the description in the Caper. Heck, the kids probably won't want to come with you anyway, they'll be too busy having fun with Camp Carnival to want to come and do stuff with you! But, if you can, try and get them to the Magic Show! We were very fortunate on our last cruise, my son got up on stage with the magician! It was absolutely hysterical!! Enjoy your cruise!

Mysticks - Even though the two big productiion shows at times have dancers in thongs, it's not that bad for kiddies. They also have on lots of flowing fabrics, feathers, etc., and the dancing/music, etc. is very fast-paced, lively, and fun. Kids won't even notice the thongs. Both of the main shows are great entertainment for the entire family. I wouldn't take them to any of the comedy shows, however. They have other entertainers like magicians and jugglers, etc. Those would be fine for the kids.

About anything happening in "prime time" is fairly family safe in that it is probably PG-13 or tamer. The adult comedy shows are sometimes blue for blue's sake seeing as they are advertised as being raunchy, but they never start until midnight.

Archived