Heads up--Am Airlines has good fares

LUCY55

been watching flights for January bos-san juan for 3 months now, but didn't check last night like i usually do on tuesdays. glad i saw your post.

recently nonstops were running 417.00. this morning i booked at about 40.00 less per ticket than that, plus my husband and i had vouchers for 85.00 each for a total savings of 250.00. THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT BABY.........................even though the reduction in sale price this year was not as dramatic as the sales we saw last year (sale was 85 dollars less for same itinerary) i do understand that fuel will play a part this year like never before. so, happy with my deal. thanks again lucy.

Great fares! I've been looking daily sometimes multiple times a day and on AA best I can get for NS in April 8 - 16 is 364R/T. The only sale I saw recently on AA from STL, you had to travel by Feb 9.

Will keep watching...Nice to see good fares are coming up for April. Maybe there's hope.

Ladycaveat, what cruise are you on?

Sharon

Great fares! I've been looking daily sometimes multiple times a day and on AA best I can get for NS in April 8 - 16 is 364R/T. The only sale I saw recently on AA from STL, you had to travel by Feb 9.

Will keep watching...Nice to see good fares are coming up for April. Maybe there's hope.

Ladycaveat, what cruise are you on?

Sharon

Hi Sharon . . . I'll be on the Valor (Eastern Caribbean) on April 23rd. Ah . . . I love St. Louis!!!!!!

booked 3/24-3/31 for $239 rt AA from Bloomington, IL to Tampa for Grandeur cruise. Changed to Grandeur from Sovereign. Had previous Transmeridian flight--cc already credited from their bankruptcy. That was good news!

I'm jumping on the American Airlines bandwagon now. I booked from Philly to San Juan for $298pp - direct flights!!! :D

Sure wish we'd gotten that good of a price....we booked a couple weeks ago when the prices fell by about $40 STL-MIA-SJU then SJU-ORLANDO-STL

for $451 pp (and that doesn't includ $50.xx in taxes!). This is for early January.

Not direct and out of St. Louis :confused:

Just booked two tix from PDX (Portland, OR)- FLL for 310.00 each on AA. SWA doesn't come out with their prices for months, and this is for a cruise next April. I don't think it's necessarily a great deal, but the prices are only going to go up! Cheaper than anything else I could find, and I've always had very good experiences with AA.

Just remember to keep watching those schedules. AA just changed the flight times for my flights to San Juan in March - they've left me with a 20 minute connection time in DFW:eek: . I'm definitely going to have to call and get changed to a later flight.

Just remember to keep watching those schedules. AA just changed the flight times for my flights to San Juan in March - they've left me with a 20 minute connection time in DFW:eek: . I'm definitely going to have to call and get changed to a later flight.

wrp96 - is a 20-minute connection time a "legal" connection? Usually it has to be at least 30 minutes, I think. The DFW airport is different because of the outside "trains" from one terminal to another, and AA has flights out of all the terminals. I'm wondering if you might just have to walk to a different gate in the same terminal?? Good luck!!

So frustrating! For the dates we need 4/8-16 either FLL or MIA, it's 340 pp. Last week it was 374. Last night (!) it was 401!

imsulin2 is flying cheaper from Portland than I can from St. Louis!

Just for kicks tried 1/8-1/16. That's 184pp.

Oh well, will keep checking. Would really like to go AA with assigned seats etc but if they wait long enough, SW will be releasing those dates eventually.

---Ladycaveat--I don't love St. Louis. It's ok. I'm a recent transplant from Denver, CO. Denver I love and miss it terribly. But would rather be employed here than unemployed there!

Sharon

Even better news for AA on international fares. If there is a price drop on an international fare, there is no fee to get the lower price like there is on domestic fares, which is currently $60. Since I booked my daughters ticket, the price has dropped over $350 on our open jaw flights, and I will get all of that refunded!

hightownCO - the dates you want to fly have a lot to do with the pricing! From my understanding, Easter is on April 16 next year, and it is probably a very busy flight week for Spring Breakers! It's why we chose to cruise at least a week after Easter. (The dreaded) Spring Break typically goes from mid-Feb to mid-April, but a lot of air/cruise traffic depends on when Easter is. Good luck!

Hey - I'm originally from Denver, too!

i had booked sju to bos this week during the sale and was happy with the fortyish dollar savings because i had vouchers that really lowered the price. tonight i was on line and just for the heck of it checked the fare for this itinerary and found it reduced EVEN MORE. 238.00 to be exact. wow, called aa and because my vouchers hadn't cleared yet, i could get this price and so the total for two round trip non stops in january is 162.00 per person.

i am so happy i could just jump up and down. hey, 238.00 per person non stop is an incredible price even without the vouchers. this is even lower than last years sale of two hundred and seventy. fare was 411. last week.

AA travelers. check fares tonight and good luck

Just looked (for the heck of it, expecting to be disappointed since I've already purchased tickets) and St. Louis prices are still in the same range as when I booked a couple weeks ago. Still averaging $424-$450 with a layover.

So much for the Midwest!

First let me start by saying this was our 5th cruise and we fly all the time, so it is not due to lack of experience.

Got to the airport at the recommended time prior to departure last Sunday morning for my 6:45 a.m. flight non-stop to Miami for our Valor cruise. My husband and I along with approximately 20 other people on this same flight missed it. Stood in line for an hour to get checked in and then directed to another line then directed back to the same line we were in originally. Even though we had all been waiting they would not hold the plane for a few extra minutes. We were told at 6:30 a.m. the plane was already pulling away. We were re-routed from Nashville, Tn to LaGuardia, NY, then to Miami. The plane landed in Miami at 3:30....the ship leaves at 4:00. The check in staff at LaGuardia was very helpful and nice...the only nice helpful people at AA we encountered the entire day. We politely asked the flight attendant if the 6 of us could possibly get off as quickly as as we could. He lectured us that when he cruises he always left two days in advance and that everyone thought they were special and wanted to get off the plane quickly. I have only nice things to say about Carnival and their role in our day. They had a rep. at the gate waiting to run us throught the airport to a cab. We had to leave all our luggage behind at the airport and hope that it would make it to the first port. But we did make it to the ship with 5 min. to spare. The day ended with my phone call with another rude agent to make my claim on the lost luggage. Explaining that it was not her fault that I chose to take a flight that landed 30 minutes before my cruise departed. Our luggage did arrive at our first port of Belize. We only had to go 2 days in the same clothes:rolleyes:.

Let me end by saying the only thing that I wanted last Sunday was some common courtesy and I did not receive that. What happened to customer service? If I hated my job like many of the people I encountered last weekend, I would find another one.

Moral of the story---we will never fly on the same day of our cruise ever again.....even though this is the first time we have ever had a problem. Other than that we had a great time on our cruise!!!!! I will try to write a review for it sometime this week.

We had a flight (American) cancelled due to mechanical problems that could not be fixed. They sent us to a "rebooking center" which was just a bank of phones. This was all the help they offered!! The whole flight--seemed like a couple of hundred people was trying to rebook. Cell phone call got us on a United flight. Duh--just use cell phone--don't wait in line!! We ran for the united flight and our luggage did not make it. It was sent on the next AA flight and we had to wait for it at the airport. Moral of the story if the cruise leaves at 8:00 p.m. (which ours did) there is room for mess ups. If your cruise leaves at 4:00 maybe you should leave the day before even if it isn't winter. I still booked american again -price is unbeatable.

Sue, Unfortunately, have a daughter in 6th grade and that's her Spring Break. So we have to go that week. But had checked flights from other cities using same dates and there were some great to good deals from other places--Newark, ORD, Portland for example.

Everythings shot up again today, Monday. Have learned that air is almost always higher on Mondays and Fridays. Tuesday and Saturdays are the best bests for finding good fares.

So I'll keep trying, keep checking and cross my fingers...

Sharon

...They sent us to a "rebooking center" which was just a bank of phones. This was all the help they offered!! The whole flight--seemed like a couple of hundred people was trying to rebook. Cell phone call got us on a United flight. Duh--just use cell phone--don't wait in line!! ... .

Excellent advice for all travelers regardless of which airline. If you do not have a cell phone, head for a pay phone. There are many more customer service reps at the end of the airlines' toll-free numbers than at any one airport. When my flight was delayed with a mechanical problem last week after we had boarded, as soon as it was announced you could see who the experienced travelers were -- we were the ones talking to the airline on our cell phones. By the time the others got in line and waited, all of the seats on the next flights were taken by those of us willing to call instead of wait.

Archived