Escape - Haven Forward Balcony Suite...any experiences?

disneyg1rl

Hi folks -

In a few weeks I'll be in my first Haven room (H7) Forward Balcony #13706 on the Escape. I'm SUPER excited but a bit nervous. On the Dawn and Epic I've had a couple of midship and backwards balcony rooms as well as aft-facing balcony rooms (yes - I've been blessed!). I've never had a room forward of mid-ship. Assuming 'normal' wave/weather conditions: Will the motion be worse than what I'm used to? What about engine, docking, anchor chain noise?

I only saw one room review for Escape H7 and didn't get much detail from it. Feedback from anyone who's had an H7 Forward Haven Balcony on the Escape would be very appreciated.

Thanks!!:cool:

Hi folks -

In a few weeks I'll be in my first Haven room (H7) Forward Balcony #13706 on the Escape. I'm SUPER excited but a bit nervous. On the Dawn and Epic I've had a couple of midship and backwards balcony rooms as well as aft-facing balcony rooms (yes - I've been blessed!). I've never had a room forward of mid-ship. Assuming 'normal' wave/weather conditions: Will the motion be worse than what I'm used to? What about engine, docking, anchor chain noise?

I only saw one room review for Escape H7 and didn't get much detail from it. Feedback from anyone who's had an H7 Forward Haven Balcony on the Escape would be very appreciated.

Please make sure YOU come back and give a few review. We will be in 14706 in December. Hoping that when in port we have good views.

Was in 12706 on the Getaway a couple weeks ago. Originally was booked in 13706 but opted one deck lower because the balcony in the pictures seemed like a port hole size opening. The suite itself was amazing. Only drawback I found was the long, long walk down the corridor from the main elevators to get to the cabin. I did hear the anchors and other noises but nothing overwhelming. Sailing was very smooth until the last two days heading back to Miami. A LOT of up and down motion with the 11' waves. I guess depends on the sea conditions obviously.

You won't be disappointed, NCL spoils their Haven guests

Please make sure YOU come back and give a few review. We will be in 14706 in December. Hoping that when in port we have good views.

On Escape, 14106 (click HERE) and 14706 are enclosed balconies under the bridge.

You may not be happy with the side-view. That square window is your "balcony".

Hi folks -

We were at the front on the Breakaway in a deluxe owners suite. Although the ship is too big for our liking, it road like a dream. You will be fine. It was 16102..no problems at all.

On Escape, 14106 (click HERE) and 14706 are enclosed balconies under the bridge.

THANK YOU! Do you mean to tell me that odd shaped window under the bridge is a balcony? You better believe I'll be calling my PCC. I can't believe that I am being charged a premium for what appears to be nothing more than a useless place to sit, no light, no ocean breezes. I do appreciate you letting me know. I would have been most unhappy if I got in my cabin and found that!

We set sail on Feb. 6, 2016 ----- sooo excited. It's our 50th Wedding Anniversary Cruise and we've sailed NCL several times in the past. Does anyone have any feedback and/or pictures of this type of cabin.......Havens Spa Suite. Any tips, hints or ideas would be welcomed!!! ;-) We booked a long time ago and have SDP and SDP which dates back to before the adjustments/changes (per our PCC) so PCC tells us we are covered for all the restaurants. Thanks in advance!!

We set sail on Feb. 6, 2016 ----- sooo excited. It's our 50th Wedding Anniversary Cruise and we've sailed NCL several times in the past. Does anyone have any feedback and/or pictures of this type of cabin.......Havens Spa Suite. Any tips, hints or ideas would be welcomed!!! ;-) We booked a long time ago and have SDP and SDP which dates back to before the adjustments/changes (per our PCC) so PCC tells us we are covered for all the restaurants. Thanks in advance!!

Found this on Youtube

Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary. Hope your trip is filled with wonderful, Golden memories!

Thanks again. Called my PCC and got moved down several decks. Glad it was early enough that I had options.

Thanks again. Called my PCC and got moved down several decks. Glad it was early enough that I had options.

You're welcome. We're all here to help each other and to learn from each other.

On Breakaway, one of those rooms (13106) is handicapped accessible. It's also one large room, not 2 separate rooms. I don't know if Escape is similar.

Some people actually prefer the enclosed balcony for the wind protection. People have different needs/wants. If the information is out there, more people will be happy with their choice.

• 2 months later...

For those who have experienced it, any further thoughts/comments on the FF penthouses on the Escape? Considering book this category and debating different decks. We have been in the Haven on the GA, so the only debate is the category and deck. We will have our two young daughters with us. Thanks.

Jonathan