Blast from the past

1of4

I missed the Westerdam sailaway today because I was in the basement up to my neck in memories. Half the space down there is unfinished and so when parents passed it was prime storage space. Well that is about to change as it is being renovated starting Monday.

I found photos from my parents on Dutch night on the Ryndam. Kept that memory. But I also found a newspaper article from November 1996 with cruise ship health ratings. I will upload the pictures in the first comment.

I missed the Westerdam sailaway today because I was in the basement up to my neck in memories. Half the space down there is unfinished and so when parents passed it was prime storage space. Well that is about to change as it is being renovated starting Monday.

I found photos from my parents on Dutch night on the Ryndam. Kept that memory. But I also found a newspaper article from November 1996 with cruise ship health ratings. I will upload the pictures in the first comment.

d25464a9479afa25bbfcb378a232d679.jpgc4e7c5808ed3612c91121f9b5a8d8b30.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Sorry the pictures were not too clear. I took them with my tablet at night so no flash. I am a bit shaky too...but I can only blame that on being tired.

The article was from The Toronto Star on Saturday November 6, 1996. Not sure why I kept it but I did. I am not sure if it is still the same but an "accepted standard of Sanitation" was 86 or higher.

Here are the HAL ships I could find and their ratings:

Maasdam - 94

Nieuw Amsterdam - 88

Noordam - 88

Rotterdam - 93

Ryndam - 93

Statendam - 97

Veendam - 94

Westerdam - 92

I just noticed the Triton listed, my first cruise, from Barbados to the Canary Islands, Morocco, and then Gibraltar and two ports in Spain. It's rating was 93. I guess that is why I kept it as I enjoyed that voyage.

Edited by 1of4

Fun to note that both Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam mentioned were the previous HAL ships with those names. They left the fleet and now the current ships of those names are the latest 'incarnation'.