Ultimate Dining Package Questions

lexluthor

Seems like so many changes to the UDP since we originally booked in April, 2015.

We have the UDP package for the Getaway 4/24/16 sailing through the promo that was offered at that time.

We can go to any of Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, La Cucina and Moderno? Can we go to whatever combination of those what we want for all 7 nights? Additional entree is included at all? Except Cagney's?

Is Illusionarium still free for us the first night? How much would it be if we wanted to go a different night? Is there a menu for the Illusionarium somewhere? Thought I saw that there were few food choices there.

We have a combination of adults and kids ranging from 10-17. Is the Illusionarium worth tying up the first night?

I don't believe that the Illusionarium is still free the first night. I think this was changed many months ago. The dinner is:

Pile of thinly sliced prosciutto

bundle of spring mix tied with a cucumber slice and balsamic vinegarette

Fillet Mignon with shrimp and some veggies or Salmon with the same sides or some unknown vegetarian dish I've never seen.

3 different mini desserts:

Red velvet cupcake

creme brûlée with a blue macaroon

something chocolate

We didn't care for the meal, so we pre-ate at the sushi restaurant for lunch that day and just picked at the dinner.

The show is an up close magic show with a storyline about time travel. If you have never been to a professional magic show, you will be wowed. If you like magic shows you will enjoy it as up close magic is much harder to do than big theater magic. They have hired professional magicians for this show and they do a good job with their acts. If you don't care for magic shows or are very familiar with up close magic, the show might be a bore for you.

Make your specialty restaurant dining reservations BEFORE you board the ship especially for Le Bistro and Cagneys which sell out on the first day of the cruise. (Teppanyaki is also very popular so if you want to do that, I would book before the cruise as well.)

At the specialty restaurant each person normally gets 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert. I don't know how anyone could eat more than that because the portions are huge. Usually, I don't even want dessert. I believe you would have to pay for any additional entree ordered unless you didn't like your original entree and it was being replaced by something else. If you are a really big eater and like meat, then Moderno's is your place - there are so many kinds of beef, chicken, sausage, pork, lamb, fish and shrimp and a massive salad bar and you can eat all of it, as much as you want until you are bursting.

Hmm, need to check more into Illusionarium possible 1st night charge. Even if we purchased the UDP when the Illusionarium was free the first night, they can change that on us? Sounds like a show we would all enjoy. I suppose if we don't like the food there, we could eat before/after somewhere else. No worries about not having enough food!

We will pre-book some of the dining, for sure. Cageney's, Tappanyaki and Moderno are probably definites.

We are a group of 13 under 3 different reservations. How exactly would we book dining all together?

Seems like so many changes to the UDP since we originally booked in April, 2015.

We have the UDP package for the Getaway 4/24/16 sailing through the promo that was offered at that time.

We can go to any of Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, La Cucina and Moderno? Can we go to whatever combination of those what we want for all 7 nights? Additional entree is included at all? Except Cagney's?

Is Illusionarium still free for us the first night? How much would it be if we wanted to go a different night? Is there a menu for the Illusionarium somewhere? Thought I saw that there were few food choices there.

We have a combination of adults and kids ranging from 10-17. Is the Illusionarium worth tying up the first night?

We had the UDP on the Getaway - last February. I am not exactly sure what you mean by "additonal entree".

But, technically the UDP always allowed you to visit more that one restaurant per night. Some chose appetizers and dinner in one and dessert in another - for instance. But the plan never provided more than one entree/per person in the same visit.

Having said that - in some restaurants the menu states there is an upcharge for some add ons such as lobster. With the UDP we have never been charged extra for those.

We too chose to eat at Cagney's - before the Illusionarium show. Knowing from experience on the Epic and Breakaway that we did not care for the meal offered. Enjoyed the show - but was glad we'd made other plans for dinner.

Because of when we booked our upcoming Escape we have the UDP again - and have similar plans for the dinner show! ;)