crown and anchor Platinum Balcony Discounts

When Platinum members use a travel agent do they have to ask them

to call the special # to get a better price? I had to ask my travel agent

about it and got $165 off a cruise but it didn't seem to be something they

did often or maybe they don't like to do it? I was wondering what other people do, i'd much rather use a TA than go with RCCL directly.

We had to have our TA ask for the discount.

It's not automatic.

Not only that when our TA called RCCL they said there is no balcony discount. I pushed the issue and told the TA to try again. Sure enough $100 off the room for a 5 night cruise. I am so often dissapointed in the level of service at RCCL customer service. I feel bad for people who just go with the first answer they get.

I have a question!

After our sailing next month on the Mariner, we will be Platinum. I already have our Freedom Cruise booked for next year. Will I be able to get the $100 also (we are booked in a Jr. Suite), even though we are already booked?

yes, my understanding is as long as you have not made the final payment. Also I would check while on the Mariner, if your Freedom cruise is the same price as when you booked, you should be able to cancel it, and have the Crown and Anchor Agent rebook for you and you will get $100. on board credit for booking on book, I have did this before, sometimes they dont want to cancel, but will if you push it.

We had to have our TA ask for the discount.

It's not automatic.

Not only that when our TA called RCCL they said there is no balcony discount. I pushed the issue and told the TA to try again. Sure enough $100 off the room for a 5 night cruise. I am so often dissapointed in the level of service at RCCL customer service. I feel bad for people who just go with the first answer they get.

Just wondering what level C & A you are? We're platinum, booked on a JS on a 5 night Explorer and were told we only get $50 off. Supposedly the $100 is for 7 nights only.

Thanks!

I kept the same cabin, the only time it doesnt work, is if the price of your cruise has increased, beyond the discount you will get. On my last cruise, we had a 14 night Panama Canal booked, it had gone up $50 per person, but I got 200 on board credit because it was a 14 night, so I still came out $100 to the good. You can also book just any cruise on board, and if you change to another one, as long as you keep the booking number the onboard credit will still apply, if you go to a travel agent, just make sure they keep the same number. Hope this helps

Archived