$50 excursion credit

Mpls35

I thought I understood this but am doubtful now after reading some conflicting posts. My husband and I are cruising 1/10/16 on Star and chose the $50 excursion credit; our son is with us and he is free. It was my understanding that we get essentially $50 per person (NOT including my son) credit. Another post said per "stateroom. I booked excursions through NCL and they said I would have to obtain the credit through the excursion desk. (E.g currently it says we ow the full price of the excursions, we will get discounted on the ship. No mention of whether it was $50 pp or per stateroom as I didn't think to ask) Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I understood this but am doubtful now after reading some conflicting posts. My husband and I are cruising 1/10/16 on Star and chose the $50 excursion credit; our son is with us and he is free. It was my understanding that we get essentially $50 per person (NOT including my son) credit. Another post said per "stateroom. I booked excursions through NCL and they said I would have to obtain the credit through the excursion desk. (E.g currently it says we ow the full price of the excursions, we will get discounted on the ship. No mention of whether it was $50 pp or per stateroom as I didn't think to ask) Thoughts?

It's per cabin, not per person. This is from the Terms and Conditions on the current promotion that ends this evening.

Shore Excursion Credit Offer:

$50 shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Limit 4 ports.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Limit 4 ports. Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

Itineraries visiting less than 4 ports for any reason are not eligible for a refund or credit.

In the event a port of call is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Does not include embarkation and debarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Shore excursion credit has no monetary value, is non-refundable and non-transferable.

Edited by Got Tequila?

It may depend on when you booked, but the current Excursion credit is per stateroom, not per person.

First you should check your amenity document and the T&Cs that go with it because it tells you what you have and because there are different offers out there (i.e some people have a $75 credit from when they booked).

However, assuming you have what I have it's a $50 credit per cabin, per port, up to 4 ports. Not per person. In order to take advantage of the credit before you board you have the call the number provided in the explanation of the credit and book your excursion.

You won't be charged in advance. When you take the excursion the full cost will be billed to your ship board account and the credit will be applied then. You'll then own only the difference.

Hope that helps.

That's all for your replies- I feel like such a dummy. I'm an attorney and read documents all the time- I swore when I booked this last summer that it said per person. But I can't for the life of me find documentation of that- booked entirely online. Going to call tomorrow and find out. Thanks for the feedback.

Whenever I have looked at the Freestyle offers it has always said "Value up to $200".

The latest one (now finished) also has:-

SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT

Each stateroom receives a $50 per port Shore Excursion credit to spend on a wild adventure or a relaxing afternoon.

That is the norm.

Mike