Water bottles

GeneralCruise1

I would have said 16 ounce before reading your post. Definitely bigger than 12 and smaller than 24.

Unless you have a desire to spend money, there is no need to buy water on DCL. The ship's water is fine to drink. We bring an empty container that can be refilled. If you do want bottled water and have access to a store prior to boarding the ship...well, my local grocery sells a 24 pack for under $5 normally and sometimes puts it on sale for $2.99. The ship is happy to charge over $30.

Not to hijack but if you were to buy a case before boarding, how would you carry it on? Would you try to cram a 24 pack into your carry-on or can you slap a luggage tag on it and treat it as such?

DCL requests that all beverages be carried on. Not in checked bags.

You can also wait to purchase once you're on the ship.

For most of our cruises I've pre-purchased the Evian from the online site. However, when I called before our November cruise, the woman I spoke with couldn't guarantee it would be Evian and not Dasani so I didn't order.

Once we boarded, I ordered a 12 pack (actually, 2 - 6 packs) of Evian from a guy set up at table and it arrived in the room while we were at dinner on night 1 so not a big difference in my book.

If I take another DCL cruise, I'll wait till I'm onboard to order.

Not to hijack but if you were to buy a case before boarding, how would you carry it on? Would you try to cram a 24 pack into your carry-on or can you slap a luggage tag on it and treat it as such?

We brought two 16.9oz 12-packs (purchased at Publix) in a Whole Foods paper bag on-board. No questions asked, but it sure was heavy lugging them around until our stateroom was ready.