Anybody recently been on Pacific jewel or still have daily newspaper about knitting

Has anybody recently been on P&O Pacific Jewel ?

I am trying to find out for the missus if they still have the knitting group in the Library on sea days, or if you kept copies of your onboard newspaper could you please have a bit of a look to see if its listed on sea days.

What its about is the Lady's get together and knit squares to be sown together to make blankets for underprivileged kids , since 2014 my missus has made a complete blanket and she wants to take it on board in Feb to hand it over, any info appreciated, ringing P&O brought no joy.

Thanks.

G'day,

It still happens at least on the Peal as was noted in december with cupboards in the internet area (near the Marqee) filled with knitting kits and later on the cruise people carrying the kits around.

I would assume the practice would still apply to Jewel.

cya

BL262000

PS,

Just checked the daily schedule for the cruise and "born to knit" was on the first sea day at 2.30pm.

Edited by bl262000

My wife always goes to the "Knitters and Natters" when we are on the Jewel. There was a very enthusiastic group on our June cruise. A saw a media release late last year where P&O handed over many blankets in Vila. See http://befreeowen.pocruises.com.au/AboutUs/News/Pages/po-cruises%E2%80%99-blanket-approach-to-vanuatu.aspx

The P&O web site also has information about the "Born to Knit" program, see https://www.pocruises.com.au/about/in-the-community

• 3 weeks later...