Hotels in Miami

ctrygl

We are new to travelling anywhere, and have chosen a carnival cruise leaving Miami Port on Feb.27 and returning March 5/2016. My interest is in booking a hotel before the cruise in Miami (we have 2 days) and after the cruise in Fort Lauderdale(3 days here ) after. Because of the cost of airfare and cruise I have been searching for a cheaper hotel for our stay before in Miami near port. I was hoping to not spend any more than $150 a night. Been searching and found some hotels, but then I came across this website HotMiamiVacations.com. The hotels are so cheap but are in in some of the better hotels and resorts. I am having trouble finding any reviews on this website and was wondering how good and believable are the prices and should I trust them , or go to tripadvisor or expedia instead?

We booked YVE in Miami for our stay next week off expedia. It was 169 a night before taxes. Its high season down there. But I can let you know how it is next week. There is also a forum for Florida Departures you can post this in. I posted a similar question and got some good answers there myself.

We are new to travelling anywhere, and have chosen a carnival cruise leaving Miami Port on Feb.27 and returning March 5/2016. My interest is in booking a hotel before the cruise in Miami (we have 2 days) and after the cruise in Fort Lauderdale(3 days here ) after. Because of the cost of airfare and cruise I have been searching for a cheaper hotel for our stay before in Miami near port. I was hoping to not spend any more than $150 a night. Been searching and found some hotels, but then I came across this website HotMiamiVacations.com. The hotels are so cheap but are in in some of the better hotels and resorts. I am having trouble finding any reviews on this website and was wondering how good and believable are the prices and should I trust them , or go to tripadvisor or expedia instead?

Cheaper popular hotel near the Miami cruise port=Holiday Inn across the street from Bayside Marketplace. More expensive popular hotel near the Miami cruise port=Intercontinental on Chopin (also next to Bayside Marketplace and sometimes can be booked cheaper on certain websites). Cruise Critic has rules about posting specific booking websites.

My favorite hotel near the Fort Lauderdale cruise port=Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.

Try googling those and see what you think, and do a search about those on Cruise Critic on their Florida departures board. Also google Bayside Marketplace which is a fun place to visit pre or post cruise.

Hope that helps.

Here's the Florida board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I personally stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami when I cruise. You can walk across the street to Bayside Market, which is good for restaurants and shopping. If you get one of the upper rooms, you can look over at the ships docked. Nothing more exciting than waking up and seeing your ship waiting for you. :) Its approx. a $27 flat cab rate from the airport and then about a $10 cab ride to the port.

http://www.hiportofmiami.com/

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/en.html

YVE is a newer hotel down the block from the HIPOM.

https://www.destinationhotels.com/yve-miami

There is also a large CVS a block or two down the street also - great for last minutes items and that bottle of wine you're allowed to carry on (at least on Carnival you can. :))

Holiday Inn POM rooms go for between $120 - $200 using the Friends and Family rate. Just Google "IHG Friend and Family" and print the voucher and look for the link to booking website. Avoid Spring break as the prices skyrocket to $300+ per night. The only downside is that you pay upfront and it's non-refundable, but the savings can be $40 - $50 a night.

You can also use Tripadvisor.com which is the sister site to Cruise Critic. If you put in your dates, it will give you prices from various booking sites. The best thing about that site is there are tons of hotel reviews for you to read and make pretty educated decisions.

any suggestions for a hotel near brickell village in Miami

we are going to Perricones Italian Restaurant and don't want to have to take cabs all the time

thanks

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell is within walking distance :cool:

You are looking for cheap during the peak of the tourist season - not easy to do. You will likely need to up your hotel budget numbers -- that's the reality of south FLA from Jan-Easter.

Never heard of the web site you mentioned. Many here use Last Minute Travel for Miami hotel discounts - I have no personal experience with LMT.

You can find cheaper hotels near the MIA airport - La Quinta East and Comfort Suites North are two budget options often suggested. Better hotels in a nicer area can be found in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Sofitel, etc.). Blue Lagoon offers a local strip mall within walking distance with grocery, drug and liquor stores plus fast food and dining options.

If you choose to stay near MIA catch your hotel shuttle back to the airport and then catch the Miami Airport Flyer bus to South beach for the day - under $3 each! People watching, dining, art galleries, great art deco scene, bars, nightlife, and the world famous beach!

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/bus-airport-flyer.asp

In FLL I would start my search at www.sunny.org -- lots of tourist and hotel info for the FLL area. The farther away from the beach you stay, the more it will make sense to rent a car, which will negate some/all of your hotel savings.

Good luck! :)

Just Google "IHG Friend and Family" and print the voucher and look for the link to booking website. Avoid Spring break as the prices skyrocket to $300+ per night. The only downside is that you pay upfront and it's non-refundable, but the savings can be $40 - $50 a night.

Thanks for the tip. Learn something new here all the time. Love it! :)

Holiday Inn POM rooms go for between $120 - $200 using the Friends and Family rate. Just Google "IHG Friend and Family" and print the voucher and look for the link to booking website. Avoid Spring break as the prices skyrocket to $300+ per night. The only downside is that you pay upfront and it's non-refundable, but the savings can be $40 - $50 a night.

Isn't an employee # required with this type of booking?