Has anyone ever used this....

hlb76

I found this travel cot at Walmart today. I was thinking it might be ideal for the grandkids as they may not fair well in the uppers and better than the floor. I also figured if mom and dad could train them now to sleep in it doing so on vacation might not be such a shock???? Thoughts

1452038932588.jpg.ac4f9abb4fc43f2cdf59aeeeba7c1f17.jpg

We have talked about pulling the mattress as well. I just though the cot would take up less room. I also don't want to see the steward having to deal with moving the mattress over and over. To me that's out of his job discription.

We own that cot and love it. Our 4 year old uses it all the time, at Grandparents house, camping at hotels.

We just returned from a cruise and I packed the cot, but we ended up not using it. I thought that the 2 year old would sleep in the pac n play and the 4 year old on the cot and that we would have more room.

But, we actually pulled the sofa bed out and they both LOVED sleeping on it and they slept very well together. Even for naps!

I got one at a second hand store intending to take it on a cruise but it took too much space in luggage and I didn't want to carry it separately. If I was driving to the port I'd take it. DD loves it and uses it in her room sometimes and we'll use it for sleep overs at her aunt's house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We own that cot and love it. Our 4 year old uses it all the time, at Grandparents house, camping at hotels.

We just returned from a cruise and I packed the cot, but we ended up not using it. I thought that the 2 year old would sleep in the pac n play and the 4 year old on the cot and that we would have more room.

But, we actually pulled the sofa bed out and they both LOVED sleeping on it and they slept very well together. Even for naps!

I was hoping our rooms had a sofa bed then we would put the kids there for sure. But no sofa on our room. We are thinking the 3.5 year old "may" be OK in the upper but the 18month old will not be.

We are just trying to think of all options.

We took our lo on her first cruise just after turning 2, we requested the pad from the mini crib and made a pallet on the floor for her. She did surprisingly well with that. We did pack her blanket and lovey from home.

On our last cruise, she was 3.5, we used the sofa for her. The upper may be fine if you request some extra pillows, to help feel more comfortable safety wise. Good luck, I'm sure it'll all work out. :)