Is Hasbro the game show still a thing?

AnchoredInHope

We only had it once on our Miracle sailing in October, and it was in the afternoon.

I thought it was a great sea day activity for families, but I don't think it would really do well as the main entertainment for the evening. It was kind of one of those "hey, this could be kinda fun, and we aren't doing anything else" things. On the same level as trivia, weird contests on Lido, etc.

That said, my DD6 did win the whole shebang, so that was kind of cool. She became a bit of a celebrity and would get recognized by the staff and other passengers. So that may have colored my perception a bit. It was a fun diversion on a lazy sea day, but that's about it.

For those interested, the Grand Prize is a bunch of travel-sized Hasbro games and a $150 gift card to Hasbro.com.

This is why I'm looking forward to it. My 4 kids would enjoy watching and (hopefully) one of them would get picked to play. It's nice that it's something for the kids versus a show that they wouldn't enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I'm looking forward to it. My 4 kids would enjoy watching and (hopefully) one of them would get picked to play. It's nice that it's something for the kids versus a show that they wouldn't enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true but unless the cruise is during the summer small percentage of passengers will be young kids.

Great for afternoon entertainment but IMHO unsuitable for audience primarily made up of adults.

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping it would be on Victory until reading this thread. This being my 6th cruise but first carnival I will be very disappointed if they don't have a real show(musical etc). If they don't have a show what do you do at night. Not wild about stand up comedy and don't drink or gamble. Why do they have a 3 floor showroom if they don't have a show. Hasbro is cool it is a knock off of Family Game Night on DiscoveryFamilyChannel, but the contestants are a family you know mom dad, and children against another family. It also is NOT A SHOW. Please tell me thy do has a real show not just game shows.

I was hoping it would be on Victory until reading this thread. This being my 6th cruise but first carnival I will be very disappointed if they don't have a real show(musical etc). If they don't have a show what do you do at night. Not wild about stand up comedy and don't drink or gamble. Why do they have a 3 floor showroom if they don't have a show. Hasbro is cool it is a knock off of Family Game Night on DiscoveryFamilyChannel, but the contestants are a family you know mom dad, and children against another family. It also is NOT A SHOW. Please tell me thy do has a real show not just game shows.

the reason they do it is to save money on professional entertainment. As I said before they should have this during the day for kids and professional entertainment in the evening.