Wonderland and North Star Questions

brfan

Hi everyone,

A couple of questions regarding Wonderland and North Star.

Wonderland:

Has anyone eaten there solo or is it better to go with a group? I'll be cruising solo on the Anthem in April and Harmony in October and was thinking about trying Wonderland for one of those cruises, but wasn't sure if it would be a good experience eating there solo.

North Star

Since you can now prebook, when is a good time/day to do it - sea day or port day (during the day or when departing the port)? Any recommendations on the best port (I'm doing the 12 night southern)?

Thanks

Brenda

Weather permitting, North Star opens at Noon on Embarkation Day, you can try going then. There are less people going on the North Star when the ship is in a port. Early mornings are also a good time for North Star, as some people are still sleeping or hungover. We had a reservation for 1 pm on a sea day and all rides were canceled due to wind conditions. North Star did open up a few hours later that day so try to do it early in your sailing.

Wonderland, we've done it as a couple, and a few times with others, but not solo, "yet". I do know a few solos' going on your sail date so you can ask on your Roll Call if someone would like to join you one night at Wonderland. If you find no one to join you, you can still do it solo, it is a very nice experience.

Enjoy your sailing :)

I ate at Wonderland solo on the Quantum last year. I plan to do so again when I book the Anthem. It was a lot of food. More so because I choose some items opposed to just letting the servers do so as so many people report doing. If you are going to feel guilty about not finishing everything , it may not be a good idea to go solo. But if you are going to enjoy the experience without that concern, I say go for it

Following! Sailing solo next month and really want to try Wonderland... But I suspect it's like QSine on Celebrity, which is really only worth it in a group where you can sample many more different dishes.

I've done Qsine several times and did Wonderland for the first time this week. Wonderland has a lot of small dishes until you get to the entree size stuff. Qsine is definitely a lot more fun with a large group. My wife and I were fine with Wonderland by ourselves, but I'm not sure that a single person would enjoy it as much. Still, if the option is going solo or not at all, I'd do it.

Thanks so much for the thoughts on dining solo at Wonderland! Still on the fence about whether to go if I don't meet anyone onboard to try it with! I feel a bit awkward eating at sit-down restaurants alone - ridiculous, I know! 🙃

Maybe you can find someone on your roll call thread interested in going with you.

Maybe you can find someone on your roll call thread interested in going with you.

Tried that! No takers! (It's a relatively small thread, but many people signed up for the Meet and Mingle so maybe I'll meet some there!)

I went to QSine with a group from my roll call on the Summit and it worked out great. Was hoping to do the same with Wonderland but it seems no such luck.

Tried that! No takers! (It's a relatively small thread, but many people signed up for the Meet and Mingle so maybe I'll meet some there!)

I went to QSine with a group from my roll call on the Summit and it worked out great. Was hoping to do the same with Wonderland but it seems no such luck.

I'm not sure when your cruise is, maybe the thread will get busier. On my cruise, they offered 30% off on specialty dining the first night so I went to Wonderland then. If you wanted to do the same, then waiting for the M&M would not work (and in general I don't think it would work, unless you had a really small get-together or wanted to stand up and make an announcement). I think you'll be fine by yourself, just get one entree instead of multiples (we really enjoyed the short rib and the branzino with crispy bread), or maybe two if you really want to try multiples.