Mediterranean with 4 yr old & 1 yr old???

iamngirl

I'm totally new to Cruise Critic and this is my first post - hi!

My main reason for being here is to find out more info about cruising with a family in the mediterranean. We'd like to do a cruise that starts from Barcelona (we will be living there for a year temporarily) and I'd LOVE to do Disney because all of the family-oriented stuff sounds great, but we can't do the one and only one they have for 2016 (it's too early) and they haven't posted dates for 2017 yet and they may not work for us.

What's the next best cruise line to be looking at for a family-friendly cruise that would do something in the Med? I'm totally new to this! The only cruise I have been on was nearly 20 years ago on NCL in the Caribbean when I was a teenager, so not the best reference I"m sure! Our oldest would probably love any/all kids programing (he's super extroverted and just LOVES new people), but we wouldn't necessarily need it for every day. The youngest we would maybe want to do nursery care occasionally if it's available, but certainly not a ton. We'd be fine having him with us for the majority of the time, but it would be nice to possibly have the option.

Thanks!

Your ships with nursery options are Disney, newer or refurbished Royal Caribbean ships, and the Norwegian Escape. At the age of 2, Cunard and Carnival allow children to participate in drop off programs.

Royal Caribbean does have ships based out of Barcelona this summer, and would probably be your best bet if the Disney ships don't work (Disney is tough since they only have 4 ships, so getting a good itinerary is hard if your dates aren't flexible). Just make sure to double check that the ship you want has a royal tots nursery.

Edited by kitkat343