Is the Adventure of the Seas too small?

Funny Bob

IMO the Southern cruises are more about the ports than the ship. You would be making a mistake to not take a southern cruise if you have the opportunity.

Where's the like button when you need it . . . :)

Recently sailed Adventure and then Freedom, 2 weeks between sailings. Tons of similarities, yet very different as well. We were in suites for both, and the Freedom took the cake there- rooms bigger, more updated- lots of technical problems on the Adventure that need to be addressed. We were actually given a big credit towards a new booking because of the problems on the Adventure, even though we never formally complained. The ship desperately needs a bit of time in dry dock at this point. The itinerary for the Adventure is fabulous- one port is better than the next- enjoyed every one of them Restaurants on the ships were vastly different- more choices on the Freedom. But, noticeable difference on how suite and Diamond peeps were treated! And the clientele was also very noticeably different- be prepared to deal with cultural differences.

We were on Adventure in July and loved it. We were worried that it would be too small but it wasn't at all. And like someone else mentioned the Southern Caribbean is about the stops, but there was enough places and activities to keep us busy after returning from port.

There are much better things to eat on a cruise than pizza!

Especially *that* pizza. It's okay in a pinch, but personally I don't think it's very good.

Quality of the pizza aside, one thing I don't like about the Voyager class is the combined Sorrento's/Royal Promenade. On both Navigator and Adventure service tends to be slow and the pizza selection seems to always be either pepperoni or cheese.

I wish they would leave a single Windjammer line open until 11pm or midnight.

We eat at the early MDR seating and by midnight are often hungry again. Room service is slow and has limited choices, and the Sorrento's/Royal Promenade pizza as I said above isn't very good. The royal promenade sandwiches I've found vary wildly. Some good, some not so much.