Noise

La Costa

First time on the Breeze just below the pool on the 9th floor. Will I hear the noise of the staff re arranging the pool chairs at night? Thanks

The deck just below the pool is one of the noisier areas. During the day you will hear deck chairs moving around. At night it will be quieter, but you will definitely hear the crew cleaning the area.

If noise doesn't bother you, if you are a solid sleeper, and the price is right, than book this. But if you are looking for a relatively quiet area, I would take a floor with passenger both above and below you.

Good luck.

I can't speak for the breeze because we had a cove balcony when we sailed her. But when we were on the legend, we were just under the pool. We definitely heard deck chairs moving around when the crew was cleaning up or setting up. I always try to remember to bring a set of ear plugs when I cruise since you never can tell what the noise will be like.

I was on 8th floor, aft extended and heard them setup the chairs about 5am until enough of us complained and they set them up around 7. I'm not sure which pool you are referring to but I will also offer that the 9th deck, aft facing there's a significant overhang and our neighbors above said that the noise echoed as a result of having it. They complained a lot about the noise in general but admitted that they were very light sleepers. They eventually moved their room.

I guess the question is when you want it to be quiet. I'm a light sleeper so I always try to be sandwiched between decks with rooms. I did book Conquest last year on Deck 8 just below the aft pool and did not find the noise to be annoying.

First time on the Breeze just below the pool on the 9th floor. Will I hear the noise of the staff re arranging the pool chairs at night? Thanks

I cruised the Breeze on the 9th floor in 2014. We were in an aft balcony cabin and I was worried about noise from the Lido deck, but we never heard a thing! It was such a convenient location and very quiet.

The "preferred" cabins are ones with cabins above and below them, but usually the price reflects that. Staying on the lowest deck usually gets you noise from the thrusters/engines/etc., staying on the top deck usually gets you pool deck noise from above.

How susceptible to noise are you? Can you sleep through a thunderstorm? Does a mouse burp wake you up? If you're a light sleeper, and noise is an issue, and it's not too late to change, you should try to get a cabin that's not above or below any public gathering areas, such as the Lido deck. Whenever choosing a cabin, regardless of the ship, it's always best to study the ship's deck plans carefully, to see what's above, below, on either side, or across from the cabin you're considering. Of course, there's no guarantee that one of your neighbors won't be playing the bagpipes at 6:00 a.m. :D