Purchase issues on myNCL

garnet115

Earlier this week, I tried to pre-purchase the unlimited wifi package as well as a 6 bottle water package for my upcoming February cruise. Although I got a confirmation screen, I never received a confirmation of the purchase, it does not show in my vacation summary, and it never hit my credit card. I figured I would give it all a few days to hit, but it never did. So today, I called the 800 number, and after a LONG time on hold, gave up and decided to purchase through the website again. THE SAME THING HAPPENED. Got a confirmation, but not in my summary, no email confirm, and no charge/hold on my credit card.

Is this the sort of thing that the pre-concierge can handle? I wanted to pre-purchase, not use my OBC so I don't want to wait to sort it out while on board. I had a similar issue when I made my Illusionarium reservation, except that I did get a confirm and it showed in my summary. However, my card was not charged and when it came time for final payment, my TA said the account was showing a balance owing for "entertainment," which I paid at that time. I realize I still have a bit of time (36 days!) to sort this all out, but I am aggravated now and want it resolved.

I'm having a similar issue.

Trying to purchase OBC with Visa gift cards. I know what you're going to say, but we have had no problems doing this in the past.

The website provides a confirmation page, but no e-mail, no OBC in MyNCL and a call to NCL confirms there is no OBC purchased. The gift cards remain funded.

I don't think the pre-concierge can handle your issue or mine... will have to call the reservations folks later.

It is aggravating to say the least. A simple purchase cannot be completed. Take my money!!! ...and they can't. Unreal.

A simple purchase cannot be completed. Take my money!!! ...and they can't. Unreal.

This would be like walking into a store, buying something advertised as on sale, and walking out with an empty box, only to get home, call to complain and have them say "but at least we didn't charge you for it..." OK, but now I don't have what I thought I bought. Grrrr. :mad:

Good to know it's not just me. Good luck with your purchase. I couldn't deal with staying on hold. I still have to email the pre-concierge my requests, so I'll also ask them about this. I'll post back if I get any kind of helpful response.

Well, its not confined to just NCL! I had the same issue with Celebrity when I thought I had purchased something online. I got a confirmation email that just said thanks for your purchase but didn't list anything and my card was never charged. I learned my lesson and called next time.

Please do... thanks!

Circling back to let you know that I spoke with concierge and they were able to take care of it for me. The online purchases were not showing on their end, so they went ahead and processed them for me. I now have an amenity confirm in hand with no balance due, showing everything that I've booked/purchased. One of the items still isn't showing on myNCL, but the other one is. I'll take all my documents with me showing what I paid for, so I'm not overly concerned.

Good luck getting your issues resolved! I definitely recommend calling the pre-concierge for help.

Funny that you updated this... I was just messing with it not 10 minutes ago.

I tried over and over with the gift cards online... the site flat out refused to deal with it properly.

I finally called up and processed them through the phone rep without a problem.

How bizarre that ncl.com can't handle a silly gift card transaction.

Funny that you updated this... I was just messing with it not 10 minutes ago.

I tried over and over with the gift cards online... the site flat out refused to deal with it properly.

I finally called up and processed them through the phone rep without a problem.

How bizarre that ncl.com can't handle a silly gift card transaction.

Yeah, the site certainly has it's share of "quirks." Glad you got it worked out.

I purchased Thermal Suite passes for myself and DH for our upcoming Epic cruise. I have an email confirmation, the charges posted to my CC, but the NCL site shows only DH having the pass. Not even sure what to do at this point; I'll obviously take my confirmation with me but it's nerve-racking not really knowing if they have us both down for the spa passes, you know?

The spa pass always shows up like that for us in the Vacation Summary (only one person listed). It has never been a problem on board.

Thank you so much, hawkeyetlse! I've been ridiculously worried about this little detail. Really appreciate you clearing that up for me.