Sky Suites and Michaels Lounge

cdnhockeyfan

Another issue with Celebrity. My DH and I recently sailed on the Silhouette. While we loved it and were in a beautiful Celebrity Suite, nobody told us about the two free dinners! I was of the impression we were only entitled to one! It isn't very nice of celebrity not to automatically remove the charge from our bill. We dined in three specialty restaurants and were charged for two!

Another non related issue is that we booked the celebrity suite about one month changing it from a sky suite, we paid the current rate and didn't get any discount. Celebrity refused to give us the "points" associated with a celebrity suite! We called the captains club and the representative was very nasty- maybe we will become Royal regulars in the future.

Shame on you celebrity!!

How long was your sailing? 7 nights or less only received one night in a specialty restaurant.

I'm sure this has been mentioned numerous times before, but reading this forum looking forward to an upcoming cruise, I cannot but draw one conclusion.

Celebrity is trying to be all things to all people and is failing at many with no surprise.

I have read about numerous multi tier promo's being wrongly recorded or billed, often because of poor communication.

Issues with OBC and how to maximise it/milk it.

Shareholder discounts and grumblings therein for owing probably a hundred $$ worth of stock.

How to get a cheese platter from one restaurant into another on the premise the staff won't want to say no and put tips at risk.

How to stop tips for the Restaurant manager if he let's in people with shorts.

Change the pillows for new one's due to allergies (real or made up).

It is truly amazing to a first time cruiser. I've never seen a business like it and have yet to step aboard. I am going to have an awesome time next week just people watching at some of the 'out of box' requests that are made.

Edit, but one thing I have already found, the Website for celebrity is truly appalling and something dating out of the 1990's. According to their tour program of excursions, we are NOT going to 2 of the places in the Itinerary and thus no excursions (at huge mark up) are being offered. Bizarre.

Edited by livingasia

Then I take it back! It was one week.

Thanks for clearing that up! What about the points.

Can't help with that. If your upgrade was the result of a special deal, Celebrity upsell to fill cabins, or some other promotion then you would only get the points for your original booking.