Is This a Valid Work Around For Odd Number at Teppanyaki?

zdcatc12

We're going on the Escape in a few months and i am trying to reserve specialty dining. I could reserve a table for 3 at Cagney's and Moderno's, but not at Teppanyaki. My wife and I are going on one reservation and my brother is in a studio on another. It appears Teppanyaki has separate times for singles, i.e. on the 45 of the hour, with those times not being available for even number parties. I also saw one time available for a party of 5 that was also on the 45. Could all of the party's of 3 be gone already? My work around is to book as a party of 4 and then cancel one person off that reservation when we are on board. Does this sound valid or, if not, does anyone know of a better way to do this? Maybe book 3 party's of 1? This meal isn't until the 5th day, so I will have plenty of time before the 24 hour cancellation rule is in effect. Thanks.

I believe it's possible to cancel a prepaid dining reservation provided you do it more than 24 hours in advance, but you receive your refund in the form of an onboard credit. Assuming that's acceptable you should be OK. Someone else here may have the straight dope, but that is what I come up with when I checked the FAQ's. Good luck and happy sailing! :D

We booked our Teppanyaki and Bistro reservations in advance online but we were only 3 people as well. We did not have the option to book only 3 at any time, so we booked for 4. Once we got on the ship and we had a chance to go to the reservations desk to tell them we were only 3, they said that they knew that already and it wasn't a problem.

We booked our Teppanyaki and Bistro reservations in advance online but we were only 3 people as well. We did not have the option to book only 3 at any time, so we booked for 4. Once we got on the ship and we had a chance to go to the reservations desk to tell them we were only 3, they said that they knew that already and it wasn't a problem.

That sounds good. Thanks for the info, I will just change it on board.