Ship excursion or do it yourself-west bay

Montanagirlalways

I have learned so much about some of the beaches at Roatan on this thread. I have been to Roatan before but just to the ports. Wow what I have missed. Will be going there again in a couple weeks. and will definitely head to the beach/snorkeling. I don't know whether to book tabyana thru the cruise line or just take a taxi to west bay? Would I need to make plans with a resort like maybe infinity to get a day pass? Look forward to your suggestions. Thank you

I have learned so much about some of the beaches at Roatan on this thread. I have been to Roatan before but just to the ports. Wow what I have missed. Will be going there again in a couple weeks. and will definitely head to the beach/snorkeling. I don't know whether to book tabyana thru the cruise line or just take a taxi to west bay? Would I need to make plans with a resort like maybe infinity to get a day pass? Look forward to your suggestions. Thank you

You have the easy access reef snorkeling location sorted that is for sure. Tabyana or Infinity are up to you.. they are right next door to each other, Infinity offers a limited number of day passes and they are expensive from what I understand.

Taxi prices are not regulated, haggle is the watch word as well as sorted round trip transport.

If you lounger doesn't have to be in the same location pass the snorkeling, Banarama has a competitive daypass with transport included.

For us it depends if we are traveling alone (2 adults) or with our children. I am more likely to haggle and negotiate with taxi drivers when my children are not with us. Otherwise, I hire a private driver who meets us at the port in an air conditioned van with a cooler of whatever beverage you order. The driver stays with us all day and makes sure we get back to the ship on time.