LAX Embassy Suites

wernew2cruising

Be patient with me, lol, I have never sailed out of LA before so this is very confusing.

I am thinking of doing a Princess Mexican Riviera cruise next month. The best flight deals get me in to LAX around midnight so I thought of staying near the airport. I am a HH member so try to stick with that brand. Is the Embassy Suites a good choice?

What would be the most economical way to get from Embassy Suites to the port? I think Princess is San Pedro???

As to getting to the port, there are many threads here recommending various shuttles, like PrimeTime, and SuperShuttle. You may have to go back to the airport to catch. Just a little reading...

As a Hilton Hhonors Diamond, I know what I am going to get with each family member.The Embassy Suites will be fine.

Be patient with me, lol, I have never sailed out of LA before so this is very confusing.

I am thinking of doing a Princess Mexican Riviera cruise next month. The best flight deals get me in to LAX around midnight so I thought of staying near the airport. I am a HH member so try to stick with that brand. Is the Embassy Suites a good choice?

What would be the most economical way to get from Embassy Suites to the port? I think Princess is San Pedro???

There are two Embassy Suites at LAX, I would choose the one on Century Blvd & Airport, not the Imperial Highway one.

As to getting to the port, Uber or a shuttle like Karmel or Zippy.

Carnival uses the one berth at the Port of Long Beach. Pretty much the other cruise lines, including Princess will use the World Cruise Center at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro.

You can get a private shuttle like Karmel or Execucar to pick you up anywhere in LA as a point-to-point service. So definitely consider getting picked up at your hotel. It seems like an extra hassle to have to get a ride to LAX just to jump on a shared shuttle.

Does anyone know if shuttle services will pick up at the port (San Pedro/Princess) to a hotel in the LAX area? We're going to stay over an extra day, and I can get the same hotel Princess uses for way less. Have an earlier flight the day after. Not sure what all we'll do, but I was thinking of the hop-on, hop-off buses, which would pick up near the LAX hotels

Does anyone know if shuttle services will pick up at the port (San Pedro/Princess) to a hotel in the LAX area? We're going to stay over an extra day, and I can get the same hotel Princess uses for way less. Have an earlier flight the day after. Not sure what all we'll do, but I was thinking of the hop-on, hop-off buses, which would pick up near the LAX hotels

I am confused by what you are asking.

Yes shuttles will go from the port to LAX hotels. Look at Karmel and Zippy, or Uber and Lyft if you use car sharing services.

The HoHo bus is okay, but it depends on where you want to go.

If you want to go to Santa Monica, it is fine, but if you want to go to Hollywood I'd take the Flyaway Bus from LAX to Hollywood. It is a gazillion times faster.

As I said above, many transportation companies will take you point-to-point. There are the shared shuttles, but you may end up going on an unexpected tour of LA (and not necessarily to the better parts). See if you can book Execucar, On Time, Coolride, Karmel...so many companies.

I am confused by what you are asking.

Yes shuttles will go from the port to LAX hotels. Look at Karmel and Zippy, or Uber and Lyft if you use car sharing services.

The HoHo bus is okay, but it depends on where you want to go.

If you want to go to Santa Monica, it is fine, but if you want to go to Hollywood I'd take the Flyaway Bus from LAX to Hollywood. It is a gazillion times faster.

Thanks for the help. Not sure what all we want to see, trying to get my wife to look at stuff this far out is like trying to herd cats. I'll look into the flyway bus as well, I think she may like the Hollywood stuff. I saw some it a while back when I went out for the Rose Bowl, she came in the day before the game and flew home the day after, didn't get to sight see much.

dogdoc2002