Wish I Knew...

MVoelker

I am taking my cousins on their first cruise (my 9th) and while I am still learning, what are some things you wish you knew before. For example, I would tell everyone you will get turned around at some point. Some floors do not go all the way from front to back of the ship. I did find that some ships had shapes on the carpet that pointed to the front of the ship.

It's up to everyone to decide for themselves. There are so many things to see and do on a ship (especially on the large ones), if you don't take the time before boarding to find what is available (free or not), where and when, you are more than likely to later discover that you missed something that would have interested you.

About getting turned around...they have maps at every elevator station. If you are unfamiliar with a ship, they make it as easy as they can for you to check how to best get from here to there.

have a great cruise

It's up to everyone to decide for themselves. There are so many things to see and do on a ship (especially on the large ones), if you don't take the time before boarding to find what is available (free or not), where and when, you are more than likely to later discover that you missed something that would have interested you.

About getting turned around...they have maps at every elevator station. If you are unfamiliar with a ship, they make it as easy as they can for you to check how to best get from here to there.

have a great cruise

Thank you I feel really comfortable getting around the ships now but just looking forward to making them feel at ease. I agree there is so many things to choose from to do!

I wish someone would have told me to arrive early for the comedy shows. On my first cruise my DH and I arrived about 10 minutes prior to show time. By the time we arrived, all seats were taken. We had no idea the theater where the comedy shows were held was tiny. We assumed it was a large theater like the main theater. Lesson learned. :(

READ your fun times. A complaint I hear over and over I didn't know they closed at____" Every food venue is listed with the ours of operation.

When we cruise as a group we use highlighters to mark everything we want to do. This is usually part of our breakfast gathering. Even though we go our separate ways we still have an idea where the rest of our group has gone.