Just off the Reflection!

shadowlover

I will try to answer all the questions so far

Rough seas seemed odd in the carribbean at this time of year and I was wondering if it was the ship design, the location of our cabin (midship deck 9) or just the weather. I really think it was windy and choppy and this is a bit unusual. Never rained during the day. It was not unbearable. I wore sea bands and had medication at the ready- bonine and zofran.

LAX plays pop music- top tunes generally.

Jamaica is no a fave port for me. You can book excursions by yourself with no problem or just wait til you get there. I hated the falls but this comes from someone well travelled who lived in Hawaii and I hate tourist traps. It is SUPER crowded and I was nervouse as it is tough going up those falls. Many others do love it though.

Escargot was on the menu everyday!

The beds for four are arranged two different ways-it depends on the cabin so you will have to look online at the arrangement. We have an adult daughter and adult son so made sure I had a pull down above and a bed below which is just a sofa that they turn into a bed. Honestly great design and plenty of room! Loved the cabin! Loved the veranda!

Thanks for your review. Do you or anyone know if they still have the "Beyond the Podium" series of lectures (or something similar) on sea days? They have had some really interesting stuff in the past and wondered if it was continued. Thanks!

On our TA last April they had the "Beyond the Podium" lectures on sea days, with about 4 different lecture series. This is one of our favorite activities on board and we go to most of them. I have found Celebrity does not have them on shorter cruises with lots of port days. In my experience they have them on 12 day or longer cruises with 2 or 3 sea days in a row.

So my final answer is, it depends on criteria that isn't exactly clear to me.

by any chance do you know if they still have the new menu at bistro on 5. we will be on board in 2 weeks cant wait

thanks for a great review

FYI, it's my understanding that BO5 will become all sushi sometime in February with a new price of $15.00. Others can confirm or correct. Not a big fan of this change.:mad:

Thanks for your review! We will be on this cruise in a few weeks and wondered if they still have the "Beyond the Podium" series of lectures or something similar. Something interesting to do on sea days. Thanks!

For what it's worth; I was looking at recent dailies (from the 11/28 EC itinerary) and saw three Beyond the Podium offerings; one on each of the three sea days.

-Charlie

Edited by ChasK

Had a very nice week on reflection. Flew in day before to Ft Lauderdale and stayed at Towne Place Suites in Weston. This was near SawGrass mills shopping and we had a ball shopping with our young adult children as we waited for our room to be ready. Chose the hotel as we stayed with points and it was the least amount of points I have ever needed! Hotel was nice and included breakfast. Ate at Sweet Tomatoes which we always try to do when in Florida- such a treat. Rented a car at the airport and dropped off the next day in Miami downtown. We rented from Enterprise- 61 dollars for a full size car for 24 hours and no drop fee. My hubby dropped us off at the port at 10 am and returned the car. As it is one mile from the port, in the downtown area he decided to have a little jog back which he enjoyed! We were on the ship by 1030. The ship is new, clean and the service was just outstanding. We had a drink package so were wondering how this would work as so many have them these days. We have never splurged before so this was such a treat. Never waited more than 5 minutes at a bar. Plenty of servers walking around also. Everyone we encountered was friendly so not sure how I have seen complaints on this board honestly. Food in ocean view was good and plentiful. Very clean, never had trouble finding a table. The drinks in this bar tended to be consistently better than any other bar we tried also.

Cozumel we rented a car and drove to a beach with facilities. Only had to buy a drink or so to use them. Very clean and beautiful- had a great day.

Grand Caymen couldn't tender due to high seas which was a true bummer- love that island. Honeymooned there years ago

Jamaica- ugg hate this port. Got off to walk around and headed straight back to the ship after being accosted a zillion times asking if we wanted a taxi. After the offer for "weed" we decided we had enough!!

Coco Cay was great! So relaxing. Offers for drinks came frequently. Only complaint there was no designated smoking area. Hate sitting next to smokers. Can not understand that filthy habit-sorry...

Felt a lot of motion on this ship but maybe the seas were rough. weather was beautiful the entire time.

Went to every show. Entertainment was fair I would say. Enjoyed the singing group the one night and the comedian the last night. Singers and dancers were pretty bad. The "cirque" like show was pretty good.

House band has gotten a bad review on cruise critic. They were ok I thought, I've seen worse.

Cruise director Alexander was friendly and energetic- I liked him. I was spoiled with Graham Seymour on my first cruise and no one has measured up since then

Main dining room- service was outstanding. Can not say enough about it. Food good to very good. Ate only there every night.

Cabin was 9th deck balcony and BEAUTIFUL. Loved it. Plenty of room and storage for the four of us. Steward amazing

Cafe Baccio- coffee was not as good as I thought it would be. By the last day I realized I needed an extra shot in the take away coffees. Loved the macchiato. Those people work so hard I really could not get over it. Same people all day every day. Treats there are free- no charge for anyone.

Debarkation smoothest yet for us. We walked off at 715am and were at the airport by 8 and our gate by 830 with out any rushing whatsoever. We like to avoid the lines so always walk off but this time had a 1030 am flight.

Was a great week. Happy to answer any questions!

Contemplating this ship. Have only cruised on Carnival. Do they charge for certain restaurants? What are some additional costs.

Thank you.

Contemplating this ship. Have only cruised on Carnival. Do they charge for certain restaurants? What are some additional costs.

Thank you.

Like all cruise lines nowadays there are "specialty" restaurants and they are extra charge.

Yes there are addition costs for things ranging from drink of the day to spa fees to excursions bu that is also the same as all other cruise lines.

Celebrity, while they may have "nicer" more "upscale" ships are basically the same as all others lines where they charge extra for everything they can.

As someone else has said, thank you for a friendly, non-whining post. It's nice to read all the good points you make. We sailed on Reflection for E Med last July and were very impressed, hence the immediate rebooking. Nothing to add, just wanted to thank you for an informative and HAPPY post.

We get the ultimate dinning package. They don't advertise it but we eat in the specialty rest all week it includes the porch and Bistro on the 5 for lunch and breakfast. I hope they still offer it we are going on the 27th of February.

One activity I haven't seen mentioned is the art room. A variety of simple art classes are offered at various times throughout the cruise. Stop by the room on the first day to sign up for the classes. The classes are listed in the dailies and while there is a phone number listed, the artist didn't seem to return calls.

And this understanding comes from______________?

Just got off the Reflection (Eastern Caribbean) on 1/16. We went to a BBQ dinner at the Lawn Club Grill one evening and several of the officers were at the cocktail hour. I heard this news straight from the Hotel Director. He did not advise the cost for the sushi restaurant but I believe he did say that the change would take place by the end of February.

Just got off the Reflection (Eastern Caribbean) on 1/16. We went to a BBQ dinner at the Lawn Club Grill one evening and several of the officers were at the cocktail hour. I heard this news straight from the Hotel Director. He did not advise the cost for the sushi restaurant but I believe he did say that the change would take place by the end of February.

I heard it's going up to $15.00 PP.:rolleyes: