Solo on Carnival Sunshine

Mary49

Thinking about October 1st to Bermuda and got a quote for $1669 inside cabin. Does this sound reasonable to you guys? Or do you think it's too high. I know I couldn't afford a balcony that for sure and I'm thinking this could be a little steep for interior. I just don't what to do another New England/Canada cruise. Should I go for it? Do you think it's worth it? I just haven't been to Bermuda in quite a while and it's soo convenient leaving from my home port of NY. Interested in some feed backs. Thanks.

Thinking about October 1st to Bermuda and got a quote for $1669 inside cabin. Does this sound reasonable to you guys? Or do you think it's too high. I know I couldn't afford a balcony that for sure and I'm thinking this could be a little steep for interior. I just don't what to do another New England/Canada cruise. Should I go for it? Do you think it's worth it? I just haven't been to Bermuda in quite a while and it's soo convenient leaving from my home port of NY. Interested in some feed backs. Thanks.

It sounds way too expensive to me. You can do it for much cheaper on Breakaway. Even better, if you can do last minute cruise it will be supper cheap. You can still pick a cruise in the beginning of October but just book it a week before. You have no idea how cheap last minute cruises are. Last year Breakaway for beginning of June was 499 for inside, it was a last minute booking price.

I would go on the Breakaway instead; even if you got a studio now you could always upgrade later to a larger room, plus in my opinon the Breakaway is better suited for solos- that price seemed to high you mentioned

Totally agree with you, Breakaway is great for solos. Its now my go to ship, especially since I live in NY.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the tips. I'll have to look into those last minute deals. How is NCL for dining solo? If you prefer dining alone will they accommodate you? I love the idea that at least you get free beverages on board. That's a plus. I have tried NCL a long time ago on the Dawn out of NYC, I think before they added those studios. Interested in trying them again......