Changing cabin - can you recommend please

vapercity

Hi All

First time posting due out cruising for the 2nd time in June . I booked today through a travel agent and they emailed my docs through . Ive just noticed that I'm booked into 9019 on the fantasia . Ive booked the fantastica experience as i wanted a balcony and was advised that since I've two teenagers and my wife then that is the booking i would require . Having checked the room on the deck plan it seems i have the steel type balcony and also no walkway below . Last time i was on the priziosa and had one of the glass balconys which i though was great as i could lie back and watch the world go by through the glass . I wasn't given the choice of cabin by the travel agent and i intend phoning msc to sort out a change . Im would also like a walkway below me as i like to watch people strolling around . Thinking the middle of deck nine . Can anyone recommend a good location . Many thanks

Edited by vapercity

Hi All

First time posting due out cruising for the 2nd time in June . I booked today through a travel agent and they emailed my docs through . Ive just noticed that I'm booked into 9019 on the fantasia . Ive booked the fantastica experience as i wanted a balcony and was advised that since I've two teenagers and my wife then that is the booking i would require . Having checked the room on the deck plan it seems i have the steel type balcony and also no walkway below . Last time i was on the priziosa and had one of the glass balconys which i though was great as i could lie back and watch the world go by through the glass . I wasn't given the choice of cabin by the travel agent and i intend phoning msc to sort out a change . Im would also like a walkway below me as i like to watch people strolling around . Thinking the middle of deck nine . Can anyone recommend a good location . Many thanks

I've included an image and for your requirements any cabin in the area coloured green would be best. Be very aware of the steel balconies (red area :-there are a few at the rear).

the cabins coloured pink (on the middle hump) are smaller than the other balconies cabins, The blue areas are OK but don't have a full 180 degree field of view.

If you press Ctrl and + (plus key) together it will expand the picture on your screen so you can view the writing as well

ctrl and - (minus key) to go back in size

4e44df4e-f5f5-4e0c-9038-fe82204f0a65.jpg

pete

Edited by Skier52

I've improved the image for you. you can now read the words

balconies%20poitons%20B.jpg

Pete

PS

Nowhere has a walkway to look down on as the walkway is under the lifeboats , so all you see is the top of the lifeboats

the recessed views are limited to different degrees, in the centre of the larger forward recess there is only a small limiting of the views, where as the large corner balconies only have a 90 degree field of view.

There are a few uncoloured balconies , these are half glass half metal construction to the outer barrier, not true steel in-hull balconies

like this

maxresdefault_1.jpg

Edited by Skier52

12165 on Divina good choice?

Great choice, forward corner of the middle hump, uninterrupted views in all directions. Cabins above, below and either side, noise is less of an issue than if there were public spaces above or below.

Close to the lifts , may be good or bad from a bit of noise from inconsiderate fellow guests; handy for going to the public areas on decks 5, 6 and 7 . The lifts themselves tend to be fairly quiet.

Only a slight chance of a shadow from deck 14 overhang, which some like and some don't, that's your personal preference regarding shade/no shade on the balcony.

All in all a cabin I would go for myself if went for the Fantastica experience.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Any thoughts on the rear aft balconies? I am in 9244 at the very end near the common stairway. Just a bit concerned there might be noise from the heavy door leading out or smoking on that common deck space.

I think you've made a typo with the cabin number.

9244 is an INSIDE "H" cabin.

Pete

If you look at 9244 on Divina it is inside where 9220 is on the Fantasia. The door and the stairs outside 9244 will be a problem at times. I had 11305 on Divina last year, big balcony and a great room. We did use the deck and stairs all the time to go up to deck 14, lots of traffic on these stairs. Bill

Thanks for the input, did you notice any smoking out on the stairway decks? My main concern is that there would be smoke making its way over to my balcony. I might consider seeing if I can move it down a few cabins away from the doorway. I originally thought it would be nice to be right next to another outdoor space but would not want to be near it if busy or smokey. Others had mentioned the stairways do not get all that much traffic.

Pete, any info on Divina 9234. It shows a small gap between 9232 and 9234 will this effect my view forward? Thanks, Bill

It is nothing to worry about. I believe it is where a major bulkhead is incorporated in the ship to create watertight compartments.

I've included an image which shows the line if the bulkhead and the little red arrow shows where the apparent gap is.

bulkhead.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Yes, I realize the Davina is being discussed vs the Fantasia, but are they not almost identical in their deck plans? Thanks. Any input on a similar cabin on the Davina would be appreciated.

The Fantasia class were built as two pairs of sister ships. Fantasia and Splendida were the first pair Divina and Preziosa the second pair.

the hulls and lower decks are similar but the accommodation decks have big differences. The major difference is the length of the middle hump. On the first pair it is only 8 cabins long on the second pair it is 21 cabins long.

You can see the difference in the image below. the other difference , externally is the number of cabins with "steel " balconies on the front hump, which can also be seen in the image. All balconies on the forward hump on deck 8 and 9 on Divina are enclosed whereas only deck 8 has all enclosed balconies on the forward hump, and only some of the deck 9, are enclosed

on Fantasia

DIVINA%20FANTASIA.jpg

Now on to your original question

AS far as I was aware , on Divina, the stair well has only very few people using it., mostly people taking photographs of the wake and the size of the various stern balconies, which on deck 10 and 11 are very large.

As for smokers using it I 'm not in a place to say what the designated areas are on Fantasia, but I would be surprised if it was allowed there

Pete

Thanks much for your replies. I will consider moving down a few cabins, but all in all happy with the choice of the aft cabin and think having access to the aft stairwells will be a plus as long as not too noisy being right next to it.

Thanks much for your replies. I will consider moving down a few cabins, but all in all happy with the choice of the aft cabin and think having access to the aft stairwells will be a plus as long as not too noisy being right next to it.

Here's an image of Fantasia sailing away. with your balcony marked.

Not very busy on the stairwell at a time when it's likely to be most used, just 5 people and most of those are on the upper decks

fantasia%208244.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I had a similar cabin on the Divina and was not bothered by any noise from that door or the stairway. However when I went out there were sometimes people there and sometimes smoking but I never smelled the smoke on my balcony. At least that was my experience.

Edited by CTBob

Oh great swami aka skier52 our friends just booked Devina 10204 on the hump looks like? Good room?

It's one of the better Bella cabins, the only shortcoming is it is a smaller size than the standard size balcony cabin.it is 148 sq ft with a 34 sq ft balcony (standard size is 192 sq ft with a 42 sq ft balcony.

It should have good views in all directions.

I don't think it has a sofa but probably just two chairs in the seating area.

The balcony looks like this

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12_1.jpg

a standard balcony looks like this

P1020627.jpg

Pete

The Fantasia class were built as two pairs of sister ships. Fantasia and Splendida were the first pair Divina and Preziosa the second pair.

the hulls and lower decks are similar but the accommodation decks have big differences. The major difference is the length of the middle hump. On the first pair it is only 8 cabins long on the second pair it is 21 cabins long.

You can see the difference in the image below. the other difference , externally is the number of cabins with "steel " balconies on the front hump, which can also be seen in the image. All balconies on the forward hump on deck 8 and 9 on Divina are enclosed whereas only deck 8 has all enclosed balconies on the forward hump, and only some of the deck 9, are enclosed

on Fantasia

DIVINA%20FANTASIA.jpg

Now on to your original question

AS far as I was aware , on Divina, the stair well has only very few people using it., mostly people taking photographs of the wake and the size of the various stern balconies, which on deck 10 and 11 are very large.

As for smokers using it I 'm not in a place to say what the designated areas are on Fantasia, but I would be surprised if it was allowed there

Pete

Wonder if you can give me any info on our Fantastica Experience Cabins 10171 and 10173 on Fantasia for the 17th Dec sailing from Dubai.

As I am travelling with son and his family (2 adults and 2 children) they needed to go for a B2 Balcony which would accommodate them all comfortably with a double sofa bed as opposed to bunk beds. I am travelling alone but wanted to be next door to them. It was difficult to find this combination other than the cabins allocated, which are fairly midship which we much prefer to the aft or forward cabins. Am I right in saying the 10173 may have a restricted view balcony? Guess they can always come to me next door to get a better view!! Would appreciate any input you may have

Thanks

Suzanne (Suron in Brisol, UK)