Packing a fan

singbluesilver1

I was going to pack a small fan but after a lot of back and forth removed it from the suitcase and downloaded a fan noise app on my phone. I am so close to a weight limit issue on my suitcases that I just couldn't do it :(

I pack it in checked luggage. Got a slim one that fits in luggage well. Really moves air around, not too noisy but enough for white noise. Has a built in USB port to charge off it, which is nice. can run on batteries but we use the plug. the plug transformer disconnects from the fan so never any worry about the fan being confiscated.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/10-inch-battery-or-electric-fan-with-usb-charging-port/1041091883?skuId=41091883&mcid=PS_googlepla_brand_brand_&adpos=1o8&creative=45758750869&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA5dK0BRCr49qDzILe74UBEiQA_6gA-hnnQyPLQ_FLE7ywEwq1QggXL3ihrxfXP_CgjfYLOOkaAqCv8P8HAQ

I always pack my fan in carry on now. A few years back on one of my cruises out of Puerto Rico I got called down to luggage security area and they confiscated my fan. I tried to tell him that I had done the same cruise out of there two years in a row prior to this one with my fan and no problems. He didn't believe me and argued that I was wrong so he kept my fan. I was seriously mad because I can't sleep without a fan either (didn't really sleep all week). Later as I thought about it I realized that the other two times I had done the cruise out of there I had my fan in carry on. So the next and last time two years later that I did that cruise again I brought my fan carry on with no problem. The funny thing is when he opened suitcase to take fan my steamer was right there and he left it.:confused:

Anyone try the

Marpac DOHM-DS

Its suppose to me a natural sound machine. I was just talking to my cruise buddy about this. I sleep with a wind machine fan on high at night to block out noise (I moved from the country to a city area and I can't deal with the noise). It says its comparable and a lot better than noise machines because they are digital sounds and this is natural.

I found the perfect cruise fan, it is about 6 inches high, but it really works great. Made by Vornado. I bought mine at Fry's, but I also found it at Bed Bath & Beyond. You can do a google on Vornado mini fan, it comes in a cute raspberry color and only cost about $20. I pack it in my checked luggage.

I pack it in checked luggage. Got a slim one that fits in luggage well. Really moves air around, not too noisy but enough for white noise. Has a built in USB port to charge off it, which is nice. can run on batteries but we use the plug. the plug transformer disconnects from the fan so never any worry about the fan being confiscated.]

Have you ever used it just with batteries? How long do the 6 D cells last?

Bob

I always pack my fan in carry on now. A few years back on one of my cruises out of Puerto Rico I got called down to luggage security area and they confiscated my fan. I tried to tell him that I had done the same cruise out of there two years in a row prior to this one with my fan and no problems. He didn't believe me and argued that I was wrong so he kept my fan. I was seriously mad because I can't sleep without a fan either (didn't really sleep all week). Later as I thought about it I realized that the other two times I had done the cruise out of there I had my fan in carry on. So the next and last time two years later that I did that cruise again I brought my fan carry on with no problem. The funny thing is when he opened suitcase to take fan my steamer was right there and he left it.:confused:

I print out the list from the Carnival website that shows fans and power strips are allowed. Then if they try to take those from me.....I can show them! I've never really had any problems but will be taking my fan in my Carry-On along with my wine!

I always bring a battery/electric travel fan with me in my carryon. Only place I had problems was Port Canaveral and I just explained that I am menopausal and needed it :). No I actually had to talk to 3 different people to get it approved. They were going to take it. Now I bring the printout saying fans are approved.

I recomend putting it in your carry on. Thats what I did last summer and I had no problem. In November I put it in my checked bag and bag was delayed getting to me and when it final did there was a note in it saying it was searched because they thought there was a prohibited item in the bag. Since the fan was the only thing other than my clothes I can only assume it was the fan. Since the fan ran on D batteries I guess it was ok but what a hassle. THis summer I will put it in my carry on again.