Want to forget the first cruise.

Quiltin"Mom

Unfortunately that is a problem on Royal Caribbean also.

It wouldn't have been a big deal, but we were already shorted out of so much of our time at port. Now you want me to wait in line for 45 minutes or more for a photo that I am not going to purchase anyway? Nope.

I know how to say no and just keep walking.

Can anyone recommend a mid-priced hotel in Ft Lauderdale for the night before? Something with a view of the port would be lovely, but also have something to do with in walking distance prior to getting on the ship.

Key West has nice beaches?

If they do, I sure didn't find any in my research!

The one right across fro the airport is great for swimming, although no real services. The other one we liked is down by the southern most point. There is a hote" there that has a nice restaurant on the Beach. There are loungers in front of the restaurant.

Are these beaches St John or Aruba quality? No! But if you are in Key West and yo want to get to a quiet relaxing spot, these should do the trick.

Cuizer2,

I have just fallen in love with Cozumel. That is EXACTLY the kinds of experiences we are looking for!!!

I think you are correct about the sting rays as well. We did that on our cruise and I remember being a little aprehensive. I bet my 8 year old would not enjoy it at all.

Hmmmmm..........have to re-think this, but I do want to skip Key West.

THANKS!!!

A little more about Cozumel. I'll be there again on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston. I'm looking forward to swimming with the manatees again.

Chankanaab Park offers more than just swimming with something. There is a restaurant. I haven't eaten there yet. However, I was able to get something that the fish like and was able to feed the fish in the saltwater lake ...

IMG_1173_zpscsecfbx4.jpg

IMG_1176_zpsjhwxfjii.jpg

You don't have to take a ship excursion to get there. It is close by. This picture was taken from Chankanaab Park ...

IMG_1125_zpsxtfycubf.jpg

The following photo was taken in 2009 ...

April-2009_zpskggtfvvs.jpg

Continued ...

Edited by Cuizer2

... continued

The dolphin swim give you time to interact with the dolphin ...

00310007_zpsksi3aez8.jpg

00310008_zpscdqtp3b8.jpg

00310009_zps0ohyw20p.jpg

This is the platform everyone is standing on (except the dolphins) ...

00310019_zpsraksotvz.jpg

And time to swim with the dolphins ...

00310013_zpsma4vkl7f.jpg

00310018_zpsbwcidjjx.jpg

continued ...

Edited by Cuizer2

Those are wonderful photos. That is what we want to experience. Are you saying that you can go to that place and do all of the swimming and activities with out booking an excursion through the ship? Is there a way to save money and get our own transportation and purchase tickets to get to do all of the swimming with critters? One of your comments said "You don't have to take a ship excursion to get there. It is close by. This picture was taken from Chankanaab Park ..."

We have just started to mention to our kids that we are looking at going on vacation. It has been 4 years since we have gone on a vacation so they were excited with just that. We are thinking about telling them we are going to Florida and not mention the cruise part to them until we get to Florida and see all the cruise ships. I really don't know if we will be able to keep it a secret though. :)

The first thing my daughter asked was "will there be animals in Florida"

THANK YOU so much for sharing your photos. I have changed our plans and am looking at different cruise options now.

Those are wonderful photos. That is what we want to experience. Are you saying that you can go to that place and do all of the swimming and activities with out booking an excursion through the ship? Is there a way to save money and get our own transportation and purchase tickets to get to do all of the swimming with critters? One of your comments said "You don't have to take a ship excursion to get there. It is close by. This picture was taken from Chankanaab Park ..."

We have just started to mention to our kids that we are looking at going on vacation. It has been 4 years since we have gone on a vacation so they were excited with just that. We are thinking about telling them we are going to Florida and not mention the cruise part to them until we get to Florida and see all the cruise ships. I really don't know if we will be able to keep it a secret though. :)

THANK YOU so much for sharing your photos. I have changed our plans and am looking at different cruise options now.

Oh, the wonders of the WWW (world wide web). Here are some links that might be of interest to you ...

Well this is interesting. Cruise Critic is blocking the first sight I found. No matter, just Google "Chankanaab Park"

http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/chankanaab.cfm

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/shore-excursions/excursion/2661/

http://www.visitmexico.com/en/chankanaab-park-in-cozumel-quintana-roo-mexico

http://travel.usnews.com/Cozumel_Mexico/Things_To_Do/Chankanaab_National_Park_12562/

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/chankanaab-park.htm

http://cozumelinsider.com/chankanaab

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/chankanaab-park.htm?gclid=CKXHoKrcs8oCFVJhfgodApsP9w

Edited by Cuizer2

A little more about Cozumel. I'll be there again on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston. I'm looking forward to swimming with the manatees again.

You don't have to take a ship excursion to get there. It is close by. This picture was taken from Chankanaab Park ...

IMG_1125_zpsxtfycubf.jpg

The following photo was taken in 2009 ...

April-2009_zpskggtfvvs.jpg

Continued ...

Look at the taxi prices sign (those are 2009 prices). Count eight down from the top. Chankanaab is easily reachable by taxi. Then you pay admission (if you didn't purchase it in advance). You might be able to buy the encounters on line, see the links above.

The best way to keep a secret is to have a second fake plan and let that slip every once in awhile. Like you could say you are going to Cocoa Beach (which is just south of Cape Canaveral) to see the chocolate fish.

It wouldn't have been a big deal, but we were already shorted out of so much of our time at port. Now you want me to wait in line for 45 minutes or more for a photo that I am not going to purchase anyway? Nope.

I know how to say no and just keep walking.

Can anyone recommend a mid-priced hotel in Ft Lauderdale for the night before? Something with a view of the port would be lovely, but also have something to do with in walking distance prior to getting on the ship.

The hotels with a view of Port Everglades are expensive ...

The next two pictures were taken from the deck of the cruise ship ...

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

And the next three were taken from the Hyatt (of the Royal Caribbean Allure) ...

AllureatnightII_zpsd580758f.jpg

AllureatnightIV_zps66cea2c7.jpg

AllureatnightI_zpscacf949a.jpg