That burning question or suggestion

Thanks for these so far - if there are any more please add them.

I had already intended raising the question about the online booking for cruise only and will be doing so.

Here's a thank you from me on that one as well. With the port of Malaga 30minutes away from our front door to have the facilty to book cruise only on line taken from us ex pats seems just ridiculous . Luckily I booked an October week on Spirit from Malaga before the new website was introduced. But I do like to keep a check on the prices and look for late deals and with the new site it's just not possible.

I'd ask them why their customer service is so bad.

I think a lot of the problem is the staff are having to be all things to all people rather than dealing with one specific area (cruise/hotel/other) and having expertise in their own specific area

• 2 weeks later...

The question regarding online booking for CRUISE ONLY was actually mentioned and the answer is that the matter is in the pipeline and the online booking will return. However whilst it is appreciated that it is a priority particularly but not exclusively for ex-pats etc living in or near Malaga,Palma Tenerife etc etc to have this facility the actual number of people booking from abroad as a percentage of the total bookings is low and as such it is not the most important website related issue that needs to be looked at by the software developers. So to conclude this particular post - it is in hand but it won't be immediate.They have not forgotten you !!

Edited by Huddersfieldtourist

The question regarding online booking for CRUISE ONLY was actually mentioned and the answer is that the matter is in the pipeline and the online booking will return. However whilst it is appreciated that it is a priority particularly but not exclusively for ex-pats etc living in or near Malaga,Palma Tenerife etc etc to have this facility the actual number of people booking from abroad as a percentage of the total bookings is low and as such it is not the most important website related issue that needs to be looked at by the software developers. So to conclude this particular post - it is in hand but it won't be immediate.They have not forgotten you !!

Thanks for that Huddersfieldtourist - your help in this matter is very much appreciated. At least things sound a bit more optimistic. I am sure that some UK cruisers prefer to arrange their own flights to make pre or post cruise stays of different durations than offered by Thomson so they too

will benefit from the option being reinstated. Thanks again for all your had work.

A number of people have raised concerns about this issue ( cruise only on the website ) over the last few months and as such it was the first topic discussed.

The question regarding flight seats and the 90 days etc is more of an Airways matter and there was no one to ask for this from Airways. Aircraft are subject to change so that will be possibly be why the option to book specific seats many months in advance is not available. However when we get to 90 days those going for a week can book their seats before those going for say 14 days can leave you at a disadvantage for your outbound flight. However I will now raise it for those of you in writing along with the Scotland flights but I feel I could guess the answer to the part about Scotland for but let's see.

The other questions appear to have been answered eg the cost of safes etc by others already.

I would ask why Thomson seem to be reducing the number of flights from regional airports for many cruises. As each new brochure comes out there seems to be less choice from Scotland and the flight supplements are ridiculously high at times.

It doesn't help the people from Scotland when there are no flights to the Caribbean area for 2017 from the next available international airport, (Newcastle) either.

I have just booked the Pride of Panama/Cuba cruise for Feb 2017 and find they are only using Gatwick, B'ham and Manchester. We have yet to work out how to get to Manchester (cannot risk driving over the Pennines in February again). Train tickets and overnight hotel adds greatly to the cost when there is an international airport nearby that Thomson have always used. :mad:

It doesn't help the people from Scotland when there are no flights to the Caribbean area for 2017 from the next available international airport, (Newcastle) either.

I have just booked the Pride of Panama/Cuba cruise for Feb 2017 and find they are only using Gatwick, B'ham and Manchester. We have yet to work out how to get to Manchester (cannot risk driving over the Pennines in February again). Train tickets and overnight hotel adds greatly to the cost when there is an international airport nearby that Thomson have always used. :mad:

If you do need to catch a train. Look for the offers in papers printed by Johnson press,think they cover most local papers.they had a offer travel anywhere unlimited stops for £10 or £17.50 for weekend to book in advance. Or if two are traveling ask for train tickets as a duo most lines do this but a lot just like to sell you two tickets might cut your expenses down a bit. The Johnson offer you can do it online I think ?

Just to let people know you can book cruise only through thomsons subsidiary cruisedeals

Thanks stelin34.

Maybe I am being stupid - quite likely lol! - or I am looking at the wrong website but I have been on cruisedeals .co.uk and can only find Cruise Only from UK ports or Fly Cruises; on the Thomson page you can't get a price without giving a UK airport. If you can book Thomsons cruises through them without flights can you please tell me where I am going wrong and where to look? Many thanks.

Thanks stelin34.

Maybe I am being stupid - quite likely lol! - or I am looking at the wrong website but I have been on cruisedeals .co.uk and can only find Cruise Only from UK ports or Fly Cruises; on the Thomson page you can't get a price without giving a UK airport. If you can book Thomsons cruises through them without flights can you please tell me where I am going wrong and where to look? Many thanks.

Don't tick the UK or flycruise box ;)

I just tried and got discovery for 23 July showing 2 prices, cruise only and flights, the flights were £107

If you do need to catch a train. Look for the offers in papers printed by Johnson press,think they cover most local papers.they had a offer travel anywhere unlimited stops for £10 or £17.50 for weekend to book in advance. Or if two are traveling ask for train tickets as a duo most lines do this but a lot just like to sell you two tickets might cut your expenses down a bit. The Johnson offer you can do it online I think ?

Thank you, Ska man.

After the itinerary, local airports/ports are one of Thomsons main selling points. Cutting them is surely a bad move.

I've given up going to Manchester now. I think it's an age thing ;):). We used to do it all the time.

Cuba is fab though so you'll have a good time.

Edited by happy v

After the itinerary, local airports/ports are one of Thomsons main selling points. Cutting them is surely a bad move.

I've given up going to Manchester now. I think it's an age thing ;):). We used to do it all the time.

Cuba is fab though so you'll have a good time.

I truly agree with you, happy V. DH and I have travelled to Gatwick, Stanstead, Luton and Manchester by car in our younger days and this will be the first time that I travel by train to Manchester but one of my cruise friends has done it a few times....she says it's quite easy. We'll find out in a year's time.

All the ports are completely new to all of us, so that is the reason for the choice of cruise. :)

Thank you!!! It worked.

No real advantage over just ringing thomsons for a price, you cant book online with cruisedeals anyway, in the recent past tended to find the price (if any) shown online was not correct when you rang, they used to be so good but i would not waste my time on them now

No real advantage over just ringing thomsons for a price, you cant book online with cruisedeals anyway,

Sorry but I have to disagree. Theres a great advantage in having a guideline Cruise Only price from Cruisedeals before making an expensive phone call from Spain to Thomson in the UK.

Edited by campolady

Sorry but I have to disagree. Theres a great advantage in having a guideline Cruise Only price from Cruisedeals before making an expensive phone call from Spain to Thomson in the UK.

didnt realise it was that expensive ringing uk from spain

It is when you keep getting passed from department to department!

Heres a number that ive used, 01613352300, its actually a thomson shop in manchester (just one of many places you can actually be put through to when calling the thomson 0203 numbers) so as soon as it is answered you are talking buisness, got quotes quickly and also used them for booking cruise only.

it will be better when thomson get their own website back up to speed as you know what you see is what it really costs, totally lost faith in cruisedeals as the price they show can be way out to the real deal so to me it is not even a good enough guide price

Have been told they do a few different offers on train travel so keep a look out if it's in my local paper I will let you know

Study such as The trainline to work out the best period in advance to buy tickets, they go down,staydown a while and then go up.

Not sure where in durham you are but you are probably in a good position to to get the Newcastle/Man airport train ,a lot seem to change at York and if you could work things to start at York you should find some far cheaper tickets