FTTF on Dream

amallison

We just booked a cruise on the Dream with some friends of ours for July. We're doing our research and wondering if FTTF would be worth it for this trip.

I know a lot of it depends on the ship and the departure port so I'm wanting to get some feedback from people who have sailed on the Dream out of New Orleans before we decide to purchase.

Just for the record, our ports are Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel if that makes any difference.

Thanks for helping us make our decision!

It really is up to you if the perks are worth the price. Is it worth it to be early on board, get into your cabin right away, have a priority line at GS, get priority tendering (Grand Cayman), and priority debark?

If there is a specific reason that you wanted FTTF, it might be helpful for someone to know so that they can speak directly to that.

Thank you!

The main perks for us would be being on board early, cabin being available right away, luggage priority, and priority tendering. Of course, should something arise I'm sure the priority line at GS would be nice but it's not a huge thing for us.

Of course, should something arise I'm sure the priority line at GS would be nice but it's not a huge thing for us.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I got FTTF on my last cruise (on the Dream out of New Orleans in fact). I ended up having to go to guest services twice and it was REALLY great being able to walk right up and talk to someone.

I think most of the time we think of going to guest services as a thing you do when something went really wrong. But sometimes you want something very minor addressed, and then change your mind when you see just how long that line is for most passengers. I had to have my credit card info updated, since the card I used had the name I go by, "Ryan Smith," while Carnival and my passport have me listed as my legal name, "Matthew Smith." A very minor thing that takes all of 2 minutes to correct. I certainly don't want to stand in line at guest services for half an hour or longer. It was pretty great just walking past all of them and right up to somebody who could fix it for me right away.

Last summer my son and his wife had FTTF on the Dream. They dropped me and my granddaughter off and went to return the car. I am Platinum so we were able to move right along for boarding.

When they returned from the car rental location, there was a huge line and with the FTTF, they were able to skip the lines and immediately were checked in and were onboard very quickly. They also had an independent excursion in Belize, which I wasn't doing, and were on the first tender.

For them, it was definitely worth having as not having to lug their carryon's was a huge benefit. Having said all that, with the new check in in NOLA, if you get an early check in time, it won't make any difference (other than a few minutes as you probably will board right after FTTF) If you end up with a late boarding time, FTTF would help you for sure.

we are setup for sailing on the Dream on Feb 14. we have a check in time of 10:30am. I'm still hoping for FTTF to become available because of the GC. We have an independant charter that leaves at 08:30am that morning and i'm concerned with getting into the port. We are supposed to be at the GC at 07am.

I'm probally being overlly concerned, but this is the reason i'm hoping to book FTTF.

When they returned from the car rental location, there was a huge line and with the FTTF, they were able to skip the lines and immediately were checked in and were onboard very quickly.

What time did they board?

The current notice to Dream cruisers is CCL will not start boarding until 12:30PM.

What time did they board?

The current notice to Dream cruisers is CCL will not start boarding until 12:30PM.

I don't remember the time, but I know we were having lunch about noon and that was after waiting for them and having them drop off their carryon's. This was also before picking the boarding times, so perhaps things have changed in more ways than one.

I don't remember the time, but I know we were having lunch about noon and that was after waiting for them and having them drop off their carryon's. This was also before picking the boarding times, so perhaps things have changed in more ways than one.

My thought too. If so then CCL is interested in delaying boarding until a later time.

FTTF was great for us in September (Dream) in NOLA. All of the perks were great but for us the best was debarkation. We have a 9 hour drive between home and the port. The ship was docked at 6, at our debarkation station by 6:15 and off the ship, on the sidewalk waiting for our ride by 6:30. It sure made the dreaded long drive home a whole lot better.

We didn't buy it for the cruise next week but we aren't in as big of a rush to get home this time.

To me, it was worth $49.95. Now that the price is rising, it's not nearly as appealing.

We had FTTF for our Victory cruise out of Miami. While that port,at this time, does not have the boarding times, we just always get there around 10:00 or so. We parked and walked across around 10:15. With or without the FTTF you would have been able to go right along thru the security and to the sign in deck with no problem. However, from that point on the FTTF came into play. While people were jamming the boarding area entrance we sat in nice chairs waiting. FTTF was called right after the Gold/Platinum group. We walked right by all the people jamming the area. Once on ship we just went to our deck, opened doors and went to our room. There we dropped off bags, met our room steward and then went up for lunch. FTTF again was helpful at Guest Services. I've read a few reviews from people who were on this same cruise saying they had to wait in long lines. We went 3 times to GS and each time there were at least 20 or so people in regular line and only 1 or 2 in Gold/Platinum,FTTF line. That to me was worth it. The last time in came into play was getting off the ship. We,too, have a 6 hour ride so we like to be the first off. FTTF went with Gold/Platinum again. We went down before 7:00 and walked off at 8:00 and were in car at 8:12. For us FTTF was worth every penny. Would I do it again, YES.

We booked an excursion on our own in Grand Cayman. I was happy to be able to tender early to make sure we made the time for our excursion. Add the perks of no lines to embark, went straight to our room to drop off all our stuff, and never waiting for guest services and I was happy with the purchase.

• 2 weeks later...